Wet Weekend Roll Call

musicaldonna
on 2/23/13 12:54 am - PA

Hey PA peeps!

Hope that everyone is staying dry out there.  Not too much on my plate this weekend.  Have to do food shopping which involves going to 4 different stores for specific items.  Good thing that I only shop for myself.  Have been working a lot down at school subbing and running the candy sale.  The sale is over on Monday so after that I still need to collect about 50% of the money.  The principal has been very appreciative of my organizational skills and I appreciate making some much needed money.  Standardized testing is beginning next week and I have volunteered to help with that.  I might as well keep busy instead of doing nothing at home.  Need to get to the bank today and shift around some money so that I can get bills paid for the next 3 weeks.  Seem to be doing okay with staying in the present and not going too far into the future.  It is amazing how much calmer my life is when I do that.

Anyhow I hope that all of you have a restful and productive weekend.  Maybe I'll see some of you next Saturday at Barix for support group.  Make it a good one.

Donna

Maura M.
on 2/24/13 11:54 am - Yardley, PA

Glad to hear you are keeping yourself busy Donna!  Weekend was productive..  we cleaned out our office.  shredded some paperwork dating as far back as the 90's.. why, oh why did we think we needed to hold on to things that long?  Am excited as I am training to do a triathlon in June..  I should probably have my head examined, but I'm determined.

Hope you are doing well!!

Maura

Maura

Laureen S.
on 2/24/13 11:12 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Donna,

So looking forward to seeing you and others on Saturday!  Glad you are keeping yourself moving and that you are managing to stay ahead of the "wolf". . .

My weekend was simply awesome, went to Atlantic City with Tony to see the WHO and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  I must say the show was amazing and as I watched Daltry and Townsend, I thought, wow look at them, Daltry in particular, was in awesome shape and they are men near to 70, gave me some hope that I might be able to be just as fit as they appear to be. . .  told Tony, guess 70 is going to be the new 30 (lol). . .  I'd say about 80% of the sold out show was our ages, it was great fun!

Yesterday I did some backyard cleaning, as my reclamation project will be getting underway shortly; two friends are going to get my yard in good order, ridding it of any dreaded poison ivy, other weeds, getting rid of trees of unknown/unwanted origin and I will have some nice grass and then I will fill in with ornamental trees and bushes to make my yard the vision of what I want and an oasis where I can entertain friends in the nicer weather.  This project will set me back a few dollars, but it's what I do with tax refund money, put a portion back into the home. . . excited and looking forward to getting it done.

Oh well, work beckons. . .

See you on Saturday!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views