Hey PA people!

CSerwalt
on 2/21/13 10:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
Hi fellow Pennsylvanians was wondering if anyone in or close to philly know of any support groups, or post op information meetings, etc?
jeterway
on 2/22/13 7:19 am
There is a monthly general support meeting pre and post ops at pennsylvania hospital on the last Tuesday of every month. Not sure how far out you are but they also run a 6 month and 1 year out group meeting. HUP also runs meetings but I believe they are on Saturdays.

Patricia R.
on 2/22/13 3:26 am - Perry, MI

I could be mistaken, but I believe that Barix's support groups, in Langhorne, are open to anyone, just that the nutritional counseling offered at them is only for Barix patients.  Laureen posted about the post-op meeting on Wednesday.  I believe they are the third Wednesday of each month.  I'm not sure if they still have the support meetings on the first Saturday of each month.

Good luck.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 2/22/13 12:42 pm - Croydon, PA

Yes!  Barix in Langhorne has pre-op meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, but post-ops are welcome; post-op meetings on the 3rd Wednesday and 1st Saturday of each month.  We'd love to have you join us!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 2/27/13 10:43 pm

The meetings at Barix in Langhorne are well run and outstanding.

I am also aware of a monthly meeting at Thomas Jefferson Hospital - unsure of dates but you can easily check with them. 

Karibbean
on 3/6/13 7:45 pm - Erie area, PA

I would really like to get a meeting going in the Delaware/Chester county area.

If enough people are interested, I think it would be a great benefit.  I am a Barix girl, but 52 miles one way is a lot to travel, especially after a long day at work or on my Saturday.

:-)

Life is an occasion.  Rise to it.  - Mr. Magorium        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views