So emotional

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/13 10:42 pm - Lower Burrell, PA

I am postponed AGAIN. My new surgery date is april 10th moved from march 26th because my surgeon has military obligations. What is going on that I keep getting postponed. First it was because I was still smoking now this. At the beginning of the year they were thinking this month I'd have my surgery, now I'm waiting an additional two months!!! I am outside of pittsburgh and greensburgh and greensburgh is where I'm having my surgery. I'm having vsg. HOWEVER, there is a surgeon near philly that does ds as well as the other surgeries that may be able to get me in sooner. Should I go see him? or am I just being too impatient. I am terrified that i will gain weight or something will happen that I cant have my surgery So I'm PANICKING HELP!!!!!

Laureen S.
on 2/10/13 10:58 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

While you have options, I think one of the things you may want to consider is the proximity to your home from the place of surgery in terms of being able to pursue aftercare.  I think I'd be very upset in your situation, but would have to weigh it out.  There are some folks here (Philly Area) who've used some good VSG surgeons, so you have options, just weigh them all out before jumping.  The other thing to consider is given that you will, essentially, be starting over with whatever their (new surgeon) requirements are, you may wind up with a date closer to April then not. . .  it never hurts to look at all your options, but just thought I'd throw out the obvious that you may or may not have considered with the level of frustration you are probably experiencing right now.

Either way, best wishes for you!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/13 11:18 pm - Lower Burrell, PA

Thank you, I never even thought of the fact that I may have to do presurgery stuff over again for another surgeon. UGH. I know when I talked to the surgeon before he was going to get all of my testing done in one day then have me come back for surgery but IDK if the testing I've already done could be transfered or if I would have to do it over again. UGH that would suck if I did. I talked to my surgeon and she said there is NOTHING they can do to make it an earlier appointment unless someone cancels. UGH I'm sooooo frustrated.

bvohl
on 2/15/13 8:06 pm

Truleefrea,

I am a firm believer in the saying, "Things happen for a reason"! You may not know the reason right now, but you will in time. Take this time to prepare. If your doctor has you on a pre-surgery diet, DO IT! If not, we all know what foods are not good for us. Start eliminating those foods and practice what you will need to do post op. High protein, low carb, lots of fruits and veggies... exercise!

I was postponed and had to wait three months to have my surgery, but in the end it was for my best interest! I had to get a medical issue straightened out before I could go through with the surgery. Now, I know your situation is a bit different, but I understand your frustration.

I agree with Laureen, you don't want to be too far away from your surgeon just in case there are any issues.

Good luck to you!

Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views