First Saturday Support Group, Barix, Langhorne 2/2/13

Laureen S.
on 1/27/13 9:40 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Let us celebrate our new lives together this upcoming Saturday!

As always this meeting are topics as they relate to post-ops, so please come by and share your WOW moments, as well as whatever else is on your mind.

The Place:  280 Middletown Boulevard, Langhorne, PA 19047 
The time:  11 a.m. until approximately 1:30 p.m.

If you are celebrating a surgiversary, please bring any props (clothes worn prior to WLS, pictures), you will get 5 minutes to share what it was like, what it is like now and what you look forward to.  

We have a nutritionist at every meeting and while all are welcome to attend our support groups, nutritional consults cannot be given to non-Barix patients, but no matter where you had surgery if you feel in need of support we welcome you!

On a last note, while we recognize that there are times when babysitting might be an issue, it would be appreciated if small children were not brought to the meeting, as there are times people have a need to discuss things where having a small child there inhibits their ability to discuss openly talk about what they need to.  Thank you for your understanding.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 1/29/13 11:57 pm - Croydon, PA

Unfortunately, I'll be late, but I'll be there.  I am auditioning for the church worship team at 11 a.m. on Saturday morning.  Good thoughts appreciate.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 2/2/13 3:08 am

Thinking of my Barix friends and miss you all today! Would love to hear highlights from the meeting!

musicaldonna
on 2/2/13 4:03 am - PA

Hi Lynn,

Today's meeting was a good one.  We talked a lot about how we handle (or don't handle) stress.  It was good for me to see a lot of familiar faces.  Been overdoing it on the carbs and wolfing down my food too much.  No surprise I put on a few pounds.  After I get off the computer I am going upstairs and getting rid of the potato chips and cookies that are in my bedroom.  There is no sane reason for me to buy them.  Obviously you can see how I have been handling my stress.  The first step is awareness, acceptance and then action.  Here comes the action.

Hope that all is well down in Florida for you and Mike.  Still job hunting and working very hard on positive self-talk.  Always good to see you on the PA board.  Take care.

Love, Donna

lynnc99
on 2/2/13 8:33 am

Stress eating still rears its head for me. And I have to be very careful to recognize when I am tired - for years, I would mistake fatigue for hunger. I now let myself rest when I need it. More often than I used to. anyway, and I'm probably a bit nicer because I will admit when I am tired. Growing up, needing to rest was a sign of weakness - my mom literally kept going till she dropped, every single day. 

Early out from WLS, I couldn't imagine the carbs sneakiing back in. I was a total purist. I've been to the dark side by now, of course, and I've eaten things that literally have made me sick. It's easy to avoid those after a bad experience of course. Harder to keep even the "good" carbs in balance. Some days, I can eat like a horse (relatively speaking), and some days not much of anything sounds good. 

I have always visualized those old habits as snares laying just around the next corner....with the extra pounds laying right beside them, waiting to trip me up. And I know all too well how accurate that picture is!

I am doing a bit better on exercise, which is a real goal and necessity for me. Of course having a terrible head cold this last week has zapped those plans but January has been better than December exercise-wise. Are you able to get out walking much? (Oh yeah, it's winter up there!)

Still have to get connected (formally) to a bariatric doc here. We have a good one, I just need to get my records transferred from Barix. 

Laureen S.
on 2/3/13 9:59 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Lynn,

As Donna said, it was a good meeting and I miss many of the people who used to be regulars, you included. 

As you well know, I often talk about the dark side, because since year 3 things got slippery for me, but I continue to persevere and since before Christmas I began getting back into the routine of regular exercise and have been averaging about 5x a week, as it really is the necessary piece I need to incorporate, along with staying away from the carb monster, which is always a challenge.  You've done well and I've no doubt you will continue to.  Hope you get connected to your new bariatric doc soon! 

Be well and don't rub in the fact that you live in Florida too much!  ;)

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views