Happy Friday PA

Laureen S.
on 1/24/13 9:56 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hello PA!

How are you and how's the journey going?

I'm looking forward to 4 pm, as that is my official end of the day.  I am feeling good right now, because I've been keeping a commitment to myself to get back into the exercise routine that worked for me in the earlier years post-op.  I got away from it, there were good reasons at the time, but it quickly became that old lazy attitude and the price I've paid is regain.  So while I cannot claim to love exercise and each day I fight getting out the door to do it, I am doing it and when I leave the gym, it is will a sense of accomplishment and the other benefit is when I see something that really looks yummy, I ask myself, did you really get up at 4:45 this morning to work out before work to put that crap into your mouth. . .  most of the time, I make the decision not to have that yummy looking whatever it is. . .sooner or later, it will show up on my scale, but for now, it is showing up in my mental attitude to be true to myself and I choose to have WLS to get me to a place I'd never been able to get to and damn if I'm not determined to get back to where I want to be, it's 20 to 24 lbs. I need to lose and that's a far cry from what I had to lose when I started the process 6 years ago. . .

My plans for today are to be the best I can and I will be making an AA meeting.  I've planned to meet a friend at the gym at 8 a.m. tomorrow and then it will be home to clean, do laundry and such other things.  Sunday is my day of rest (lol), I see my guy, then do food prep for the week, hoping to be able to see my grandbabies too!  So much life to fit in two days.  I am blessed, hope you can see the blessing in your lives today!

Best wishes for a wonderful day and weekend!  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 1/25/13 1:47 am - Croydon, PA

Checking in, sayin' hi, and totally relating!  Went back to Zumba last night at Barix and had a blast.  I told the instructor and Susan to feel free to remind me just how good it makes me feel when I move my body.  I also drank a bottle of water during the workout... more water than I've had in probably 6 months combined.... yet another area I need to improve.  Success is a journey, and not a straight line one either.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

musicaldonna
on 1/25/13 5:04 am - PA

Well I am posting at 4:00 so Laureen I hope that you are now leaving work.  Decided to run some errands earlier today before the snow hit.  Did some food shopping at Acme and Whole Foods.  Had a good week this week - was at school twice to volunteer in 1st grade.  Have some things lined up over the weekend and have a good handle on my schedule for next week.  Support group next Saturday is a must for me.  Hope that everyone is safe and warm this weekend.  Looks like a winter wonderland out there.  I will be in for the rest of the night.  Take care.

Donna

Laureen S.
on 1/25/13 8:03 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Glad you got things done early, it was a mess coming home. . . what normally takes me 50 minutes, took 2 hours, the first hour was going the 14 miles from Wilmington to the Commodore Barry Bridge, where it then took 10 minutes to cross the bridge because a police car had the need to make sure we didn't drive more than the 25 mph limit posted. . .  fun, fun, fun, but I knew I'd be in for it, so I packed my patience and just was glad when I pulled into my driveway, safe and sound. . .  now I'm going to head to a local meditation based AA meeting, it's just 3 miles from my house, so I'm ok to do that. . .  looking forward to seeing you next Saturday!  Glad you got a plan. . .  I signed up for this new phone app called myfitnesspal. . . I love it, easy to keep track of food, even has a barcode reader, so you can scan the bar code on a product and it takes the info needed, also easy to input ingredients in recipes that you use so you can get exact calorie counts. . .  I like that and based on your input, age, lifestyle, exercise regime, it gives you what amount of calories you need to lose weight. . .and when you input your exercise, it cuts that from the original number. . .  I really like it, not sure if you have a smart phone, but they probably have a download for the computer, if you're interested. . . I'm really hoping to lose 10 lbs. this year, maybe more, but to that end I am finding and using all the tools at my disposal. 

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views