plastics in chester county/philly

exohexoh
on 1/14/13 2:50 am - West Chester, PA

does anyone have any recommendations for a good plastic surgeon in chester county/philly? i'm going for a consult on feb. 6th with dr. bottger in newtown square but would like to check out some other surgeons too. thanks!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

MikeB
on 1/14/13 3:12 am - Pottstown, PA

I used Dr Wingate Out of Exton He was really good

IdaMae D.
on 1/15/13 1:44 am - Philadelphia, PA

would NOT recommend Dr. Robert Skalicky

IdaMae

Spedteacher59
on 1/18/13 6:27 am - Levittown, PA

Hi......just wondering why you wouldn't use Skalicky???? I am going to be using his partner Dr. Lam......is there something I should know or worry about??? My surgery for TT and arms is scheduled for March 26th.

Thanks so much,

Kathy

IdaMae D.
on 1/18/13 8:04 am - Philadelphia, PA

skalicky does not follow through on the follow up.  My hubby had is plastics with skalicky there was supposed to be some follow up, my husband kept calling to schedule, first they told him they were waiting for the proper equipment to arrive at the practice and would call him when it arrived to schedule him for the follow up.  This went on for about a year, then my husband would call leave messages no one would call him back. 

I believe a few others on here and that go to the Barix support groups used Lam and are extremely pleased with him.  We had no contact with Lam - keep in mind just because one doc leaves his patient hanging with promises that never materialized does not mean the other doc's in the practice follow the same practice.

IdaMae

Spedteacher59
on 1/19/13 1:44 am - Levittown, PA

Thank you so much for your reply. I thank you for taking the time to answer me. I have heard good things about Dr. Lam too.....from others at Barix....that is why I went with him. I'm sorry your husband ran into problems with Skalicky....that is just wrong!!

Thanks again,

Kathy

cleos_mom
on 1/19/13 2:13 pm - phila., PA
I had all my PS with Dr Lam all done at Barix, starting in 2008 with a TT then inner thigh lift n back lift, carpal tunnell,
Belt lipectomy ,blepharoplasty n facelift , another carpal tunnell and a brachioplasty .
U can see my photos
IdaMae D.
on 1/20/13 6:16 am - Philadelphia, PA

Susan, I thought you used Dr. Lam but was not totally sure.  Glad you jumped in to give a good review of him!

Ida

IdaMae

ImDun
on 1/19/13 3:56 am
RNY on 02/26/13

What is Barix support groups?  I will be having surgery at Temple next month.  Wondering where everyone from this area had their surgery.

Deb

musicaldonna
on 1/19/13 4:01 am - PA

Deb,

Barix is located in Langhorne, PA.  You will see postings for the different support groups that meet there.  Groups are the 1st Saturday of the month (11 to 1:30), 2nd Tuesday of the month for pre-ops and the 3rd Wed. of the month (7 to 8:30).  You do not have to be a Barix patient in order to participate in the support groups.  I have been attending for almost 4 years and have found the support to be invaluable.  Feel free to ask more questions if you wish.  The next group will be the 1st Saturday in February.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery.  Take care.

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views