Wonderful Weekend

musicaldonna
on 1/12/13 6:24 am - PA

Good evening PA peeps!

Just spent a very relaxing day just snoozing and reading.  Have plans to meet a former student for lunch tomorrow and then will be going to see "Les Miz" with my mom.  One of the best things about teaching for me is seeing former students through the years.  It is so neat to see the physical change (especially in the boys) and also to catch up on what they are doing in their lives.  I had the gift of bumping into 4 of my former pupils this week and happy to say that they are doing very well.  Never really thought about how many students' lives I have touched through the years.  I hope and pray that most of our encounters were positive ones. 

Whatever you are doing this weekend I hope that you all will be good to yourselves especially food wise.  As always I thank God for the support that I receive on this board.  Enjoy what's left of your weekend.  Take care.

Donna

IdaMae D.
on 1/12/13 7:50 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hey there Donna;

Been a fairly lazy day here as well.  After we went to CVS and Giant that is.  Had to go to CVS to pick up some black salve ointment.  Hider had a meltdown last night I went to pick her up she bit me and broke the skin.  Cleaned it up last night, this morning work up with a sore hand, swollen, red, looks infected.  So off to CVS for Black Salve to draw out the infection.  Still not feeling 100% yet from that stomach virus from last week so with that still running around my system I'd imagine my germ fighting system is not up to par. 

I did make crock pot pork tenderloin with slow cooked in mild salsa, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.  The meat was soooo good I actually wanted some more - I'm full so no m

IdaMae

bvohl
on 1/12/13 9:41 pm

Hello Donna and PA!

It is wonderful when you run into former students and they are doing well! I like to think that I had something to do with that!!! I am sure you did too!

Yesterday was a BUSY day! Did some things around the house in the morning, then went to pick up my car, put my stuff in said car and clean it up a bit. Then Dee had a youth group activity last night, so hubby and I had a nice dinner together.Then we went to the mall for a bit, then picked her up and came home. WHEW!! Today I am up bright and early to take her to Hebrew School, go to the supermarket to pick up a few things, then come home and prepare for the week ahead. I will get some relaxing in today as well!

Ida, I hope you feel better from your stomach bug and the cat bite! Take care of yourself!!

Have a GREAT weekend, what is left of it!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views