HAD TO SHARE MY NSV PreOp.... Also a little medicare info

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/13 2:19 am - Lower Burrell, PA

Well I got a call from the scheduler today and I meet with my surgeon a week earlier. Monday the 14th I see him as well as my mom does. She told me all of my testing would be scheduled and possibly done that day, i MIGHT have to meet with nut but she wasn't sure because it is not a requirement for Medicare/Medicaid and the absolute BEST news she could have shared, I WILL GET MY SURGERY DATE>>>> WHOOOOO HOOOOOO. I am so stoked I can not wait.  Oh, also wanted to tell you all that may have medicare/medicaid. Medicare covers the sleeve with a BMI of 35 and one comorbity. I have asthma, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. I am a light weight but only barely. I am 39.3 BMI. She said not to worry about it, i would have no problem being approved. Also Medicare doesn't preapprove surgery, they are billed after the fact. That makes me a little nervous but right now I just don't care I am just so excited that in less than a week I will have a surgery date!!!!! Anyone else finding out next week?

Laureen S.
on 1/8/13 9:22 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Congrats on your way to the "losers bench". . .  sounds like you siked and ready to go. .. . 

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views