Tired Tuesday

IdaMae D.
on 1/7/13 8:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning All:

Got some bad news yesterday, one of Gene's mentors/friends passed unexpectedly.  Gene is very sad that he did not get to say farewell to her.  

I am off from work.  Still not feeling completely myself so one more day off work.  Hoping to get some food into me and maybe go out for a little walk to get me back on track.  I figure taking off these two days while I still have my old position makes sense to use up some of my time for this year.  At the end of the year they changed out entire vacation/PTO structure - now we can only save 80 hrs (2 weeks) over from year to year - I have six weeks saved that I have to use up by 2015 or lose it.  The old structure was that we could save double the amount we had in vacation time, this year I was on target to have 8 weeks saved from year to year in case Gene and I decided to take a nice cross county ride.  Now no matter what I'll only be able to save 80 hrs.  And there is no buy back of vacation time so can't get paid for anything I don't use - lose it instead.  I like the organization I work for, since it's been bought out and becoming more corporate driven rather than mission and value driven - not liking it so much.  I'd imagine in a few years when the Sister's (nuns) retire the mission and values of the company will be totally gone and corporate stake holders will want their "big" payouts.

Today I plan to relax a bit, I want to get some rooms organized upstairs with clothes and drawers - clean up the bedroom so that it is presentable instead of a candidate for a "horders" episode - at least it is only 2 rooms now that are in that condition.

Hider started her new food this morning.  She loved it ate every bit of it.  Hopefully this is going to help with her thyroid get that stabilized so that we can address the stress issues.  Best case scenario is that the food will get her thyroid levels stable and her body out of that overdrive and settle her down so that she can ignore Ez without all the theatrics.  Worst case scenario is that her thyroid levels will become stable, her obsession with Ez will remain as is and she will need to go on kitty Proza****il her anxiety is stabilized - the vets are positive that all this anxiety with Ez is from the thyroid imbalance.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 1/7/13 10:25 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Ida, PA Peeps that may pop in today. . .

Sorry Gene lost his mentor without the opportunity to say farewell, guess that is why we need to focus on what is good in one another in such a way as to have little or no regrets when someone has left this earthly plain. . .  I hope Gene finds peaceful resolution to his sadness.

Our office has a crazy policy, where they pay out whatever time you don't use in the year before the first week of January in the new year.  Considering what I was used to having in PTO, this company is very stingy and so, I seldom have much that I get paid for.  This year it was 3.3 hours (lol). . .  my main issue is that if you fall under 7 hours of time, they kick you out of direct deposit, which perhaps I could understand, but when you've got 2 pay periods to go, ridiculous policy. . . hey, I've got a job, it provides a decent paycheck and I'm not traveling 2.5 hours each way, every day, so color me grateful!!!

I am hoping the Hider does well with her new food.  Roxie is having her yearly itchy issues and I feel so badly, but I really don't like giving her Benadryl, as it makes her lethargic and mopey and I won't put her on steroids, so I'm going to see if there is another natural remedy I have not already explored to help her.

Well my day started with a visit to Planet Fitness and thankfully tomorrow is a day off from the gym, so I get to sleep a little later and spend more time petting the Roxie girl before I get out of bed tomorrow.  Today I am headed to my hairdresser's house, as she quit the salon she was working in, and she will cut my hair, which I desperately need done, after that I will go home, have dinner and relax for a little while before bed.  That about covers it.

Hope you and everyone reading this is having a wonderful day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 1/8/13 12:17 am

Good Morning Ida, Laureen and PA Peeps!!

Ida, please tell Gene that I am so sorry about his loss of his mentor/friend. I can only imagine how difficult that is. I hope Hider will be doing better!! I also hope that you start feeling better as well!!

It has been back to reality for me! Yesterday was my first day back and boy did I feel it! Thank goodness I had a chiropractic appointment so I could get treatment and adjusted! LOVE my chiro!! He is the BEST!!!! Still feeling sore today but this too shall pass!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views