Let's try this again. . .

Laureen S.
on 1/6/13 10:00 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Lisa,

Glad you are participating in something positive and that is working for you, we all need to find our way to positive and uplifting ways to navigate this crazy life and one that is geared towards health and well being is a good one.  I know what a busy life you live, holding down 3 jobs, after all being a single Mom is a full time job in and of itself. . .I love when you post, it is always written in a way that no matter the situation, you are living and seeking a positive way to get through it. 

Enjoy and may 2013 find you having lots of dreams fulfilled. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Andy Kovatch
on 1/6/13 8:30 am - York, PA

Hi Laureen,

So glad that you posted this.  I've made a couple of cameo appearances, but just never sustained it.  I pop my head in once in a while to see what everyone is up to, but honestly, I really don't know any of the posters on here personally.  That kind of makes it tough for me to connect, but it is certainly not an acceptable excuse.  As you know, I was at one time a regular contributor on this board and often started the exercise thread.  I would love to start one again, being that I will once again become a gym rat starting tomorrow. 

Life has been an emotional roller coaster for me lately.  I was in a very serious three year relationship that ended about a year ago.  Quite simply, I became an alcoholic and she could no longer have her children involved in my life.  She did what she had to do, which was to let me go in hopes that I would seek the much needed help I had to get.  I ignored this obvious sign of affection and continued down a road of destruction until I checked myself into a christian rehabilitation facility called America's Keswick in Whiting, NJ.  It was there that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal savior and I just got out yesterday.  I did say "I just got out" and not "I just came home" because I do not have a home.  I am forced to live out of my car and I'll be taking showers at the gym and saving money until I can afford my own place - hopefully by mid-February or early March.  I am putting my faith in God that everything works out...He is a good God! 

Well, that's been my life recently in a nutshell.  Don't feel bad for me, I made my own bed and had to sleep in it.  Now I have to live a good, christian life and let Jesus Christ lead the way.  I can't fail if I follow his lead.  In the meantime, I'll make a conscious effort to get back on track with my posting here and may even attempt to revive the exercise post.  God bless!

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Laureen S.
on 1/6/13 10:07 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Well Andy, I am glad you found your way out of the hell that Alcoholism and I certainly feel for you, but with a good attitude and you putting in the efforts to move forward, it's as they say, God helps those who help themselves, short form, He can move mountains for us, but we'd best bring a shovel and be prepared to do some serious work. . .remember to take each day as it comes, for living one day at a time, we just never know what the tomorrow can bring us. . .

Welcome back and it would be nice to see some of the old things that were in place, back on, though, not sure what kind of participation will be had, as I've tried before with little effect, but I don't quit . . .

Best wishes and hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views