Let's try this again. . .

Laureen S.
on 1/5/13 7:33 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Had a wonderful Support Group meeting and heck it's a new year, which for me brings a renewed vision of things I'd like to see come to pass in my world, often forgotten by the middle of February in my past life. . .   not so much now and so I ask, where are you all?  Those of you who once populated the PA Forum?  How much wonderful life are you experiencing?  Please come and let us know, think on or share some fond memories and if something is holding you back, please this is a support board, yes there have been times where some disagreeable things took place, but that which does not kill us, hopefully, makes us stronger and better for having had the experience.  In the end, truly we are more alike than different and we can overcome differences through acceptance and sharing what brought us together to begin with. . .  what's past is just that, it's a new year, let us reinvigorate this forum with just that, SUPPORT for those that need it and are just beginning. . .

A food log?  A call to physical activity?  Healthy WLS friendly recipes?  Anyone out there interested?

Whatever happens, I wish you as someone who once populated this board would often say. . .continued "successing"

Peace. . . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 1/6/13 1:49 am

Hi Laureen and PA!!

I hope people do come back to this forum. If they don't hopefully they are doing well and still successing!!

I am hanging in there. Going back to work tomorrow. Hopefully should have a car by the end of this week!! Not what I wanted but it will do...

Happy New Year!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 1/6/13 5:37 am - Philadelphia, PA

Good Luck tomorrow and with the car shopping....

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 1/6/13 9:39 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Well Beth,

Glad you updated us on what is going on with you.  I hope you get a decent car and more importantly, feel healthy and well once more.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

bvohl
on 1/6/13 9:48 am
Laureen,

Thanks for replying! I am on the road to recovery. Tomorrow will be the test as to how well I have recovered. The car I am getting is adequate.

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 1/6/13 2:55 am - PA

Laureen,

Thanks for the posting.  I will continue to post and respond to people as best I can.  The posts on exercise and food were never my thing but I did enjoy reading what other people were doing.  I pray that life is treating the former PA peeps well and that during 2013 many will drop by and let us know how they are doing.  Thank you for your faithfulness to Barix and to OH - it is much appreciated.

Donna

Laureen S.
on 1/6/13 9:52 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Donna,

I feel strongly about this board as support for people who are on their personal journey towards WLS and so I feel it is important, because I know there are many people, who want to maintain their privacy within this particular journey and my faithfulness is about lending a voice, based on my own experiences within the WLS community and about paying it forward based on the fact that without those who populated this board before I found my way here in 2006/2007, I might not have gotten to where I am today, they helped me through encouragement and their experiences and to me gratitude is an action word.

I appreciate people such as yourself who continue to come back and offer any knowledge or encouragement to the few that find their way here. . .  Thanks for being a part of my support network!

Hugs, Laureen

IdaMae D.
on 1/6/13 5:36 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Laureen;

Doing well here.  The house is still annoying.  Lawyers, court, depositions, experts, etc.....  Work is good.  I'm getting ready to move into a new position as a Supervisor.  Not bad to have been offered this position 6 months after receiving my MBA.  This is the second position that has been offered to me this year, the other position was not management - I figure if the MBA is going to pay off Management is the direction I want to go in. 

Gene's practice is doing well.  We have the home office open, an office in Willow Grove, and he also sees clients at a group practice in Center City.  Now that the house is winding down as far as the completion of the actual construction goes, he'll be able to take on more clients and add more days to his practice.  In addition to Gene's  private practice, he also fills in and preaches at church when our pastor is out of town, when Gene preaches I take the role of Worship Leader.  That makes for a very interesting week, Gene researching and planning his sermon and me researching and planning the scripture and prayers that will enhance his service.  I have a lot of prep and writing on during those weeks, I'm not someone that can pray on the fly I have to write out everything or I'm so nervous I would never be able to get up there.  Gene is totally opposite me, he doesn't write anything including his sermon - amazes me. 

The kitties are also keeping us busy.  Ez is so much fun to have around, Hider has been found to have not only a thyroid problem but also is now experiencing heart problems.  Her vet is trying to decide if putting her on kitty prozac is a good idea with the heart condition, because the stress level she's experiencing seems to be detrimental to her as well.  Yesterday she bit the vet assistant when trying to get blood to run her blood tests.  She's never been a problem at the vet - they actually had to muzzle her and could not get the amount of blood needed for the entire panel they wanted to run.  Could not stress her anymore so we had to settle for what they could get. 

Hope you all have a great day....hoping to one of these Saturday's or Wed evenings make a meeting....we shall see...

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 1/6/13 9:55 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Ida,

Just want to say that I am happy that this long process is moving closer to an ending.  So happy to read about your's and Gene's wonderful partnership and yours and his personal successes, heaven knows it has not been easy the last couple of years for you with the house stuff. . .   As for seeing you at Barix, I'd love that and hope one day soon it happens, both of you were a wonderful presence. . .hope they find the solution that helps your sweet kitty. . .

Hugs, Laureen

Lisa H.
on 1/6/13 6:45 am - Whitehall, PA

Good evening everyone... trying to get back on track with the food and exercise.  Went to the gym twice last week so I feel good about that.  Stocked up on regular protein powders (not just Click) and trying to cut back on the caffeine and add water back into my routine.  

Some friends I met on a FB group created a healthy and positive group to support others trying to get back into a healthy lifestyle.  From what I can tell so far, nobody else in the group had surgery and that's ok.  It's all about people trying to be healthy and supporting each other in the process.  They are all very nice and supportive and we have a "resident trainer" who has lost weight and gotten himself fit through diet and exercise.  He is going to give us exercise and nutrition tips as requested or as he comes up with stuff.  Neil is in the group, too, so we are doing this together.  

I am going to try to post here daily, as well..  If not daily, then at least weekly.  

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views