Anyone hear from LynnC?

musicaldonna
on 12/27/12 8:13 am - PA

I am not a Facebook person so it is possible that Lynn is in touch with people there.  Just wondering how she is doing and hoping that all is okay in her world.  I think that her husband was going to retire and move down to Florida with her.  Anyhow I thought that I would just put this out there.

Donna

Laureen S.
on 12/27/12 9:26 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Donna,

I have seen her post to Facebook, so far as I know, all is well in her world. . .perhaps she will pop in to visit us here on OH soon. . .

Be well and have a wonderful weekend.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 1/7/13 10:12 am

Hello everyone!

Yes, I'm still here but find myself spending more online time on facebook than other sites. But...everything is well. Let's see if I can summarize. A top ten list, if you will!

I am now full time in FL. 

Mike retired in December and moved here full time. BIG adjustment after the better part of a year in separate states! But the truth is, he is already looking for his next job. He is not a "retirement" type.

Over the past year, my exercise totally slacked off. Yeah, me, who at one time was the queen of aerobic exercise. Back at it in the new year, to be sure. Not looking to be a hero, but 3 or 4 times a week would be great. 

My weight has crept up about 15 lbs. from my lowest point. This is hard for me to face but I believe that if I hit the exercise again, it will help burn off the excess. I have rounded off corners in other ways - not logging my food, and intermittently straying from the "no refined carbs, no sugar" path. Around Halloween, I binged on peanut M&Ms. I don't know what happened, but I went crazy. That is under control now and I don't have any cravings - but as I have always, said, I know the old habits are out there, waiting just around the next corner. I have to be very aware of that. The compulsion is still there.

Good news is, despite the exercise slack off and less than perfect eating, I still wear "single digit" sizes. Not so good news is that the muffin top is more prominent than I want it to be.

In October I had some plastic surgery done. Not a tummy tuck, but a face lift. I had this done in Harrisburg, while we still had a place in Lancaster County. I am REALLY pleased with the results. The turkey neck is GONE GONE GONE! I look MUCH younger and feel MUCH more confident. (Not interested in the full recovery with the tummy tuck.)

All the kids and grandchildren are doing well. Blessings galore!

Work wise, if you didn't know, I am working at Apple Retail in Naples FL. Amazing job - I have learned a ton about technology (which I love), and work with a terrific group of people from ages 20-65. 

Much of the summer was spent on home decorating. We had bought a condo in good condition but in the long run, I couldn't live with the "citrus" paint colors and the carpet was well past its prime. We painted in a consistent neutral color throughout, and had new tile floors put down. 

What else? I miss all of you and will certianly try to spin by more often! Check me out on facebook or read my blog at www.thequalityoftheday.com. 

Happy 2013! Lynn

musicaldonna
on 1/9/13 5:26 am - PA

Lynn,

So happy to hear that things are going well for you and that Mike and you no longer have a commuter marriage.  Since I am not on Facebook this is where I hear about the people from the WL community.  Checking 2 e-mail accounts and coming on OH daily is enough computer time for me.  I also play some Spider Solitaire.  Don't need another compulsion.  It's great that you are in single digit clothes.  I never even made it down to size 12 but I know that I am so much better off than I was this time 4 years ago.  I'm still not working full time but have been doing some subbing and some volunteer work.  The important thing is that I get out of the house at least 2 to 3 days a week.  All in all my attitude is pretty good and I just try to take it 7 to 10 days at a time.  Don't be a stranger to the PA board even thought you are living down in sunny Florida.  Hope that 2013 is a good year for both you and Mike.  You are missed at Barix.  Know that you are always welcome if you ever happen to be in the area on a 3rd Wed. or a 1st Sat.  Take care.

Love, Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views