Intussusception? Anyone?

LisaAC
on 1/3/13 8:08 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thanks for the research.  I did some as well, but it sounded pretty scary.  It's not resolved yet and I'm not sure what to do or if that's what's happening.  I dropped the ct scan disc at my surgeon's office and his nurse said that he looked at it, but "didn't see anything."  Whatever that means.

Meanwhile...the pain is growing, both in focus and in intensity.  Husband and friends want me to go to the ER, but I don't wanted to be treated like I'm making it up or it's all in my head.  Then what would I do?  On the other hand...it's getting kind of bad and I don't know that I should continue to try to hide the pain with drugs.  I am getting nauseated now whenever I eat anything, though have not vomited.  And I'm becoming constipated.

I might also have a uti...though, it doesn't feel like that pain is connected with the abdominal pain.  My WBC last week was slightly elevated, but my PCP didn't feel I had an infection.  I have not had a fever.  Just pain when and after I urinate.

So...pain in my ab, right near surgical site, at the waist and above it, radiating to both well above and just below.  And also groin pain.

I so don't want to go to the ER...

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
mtforeman
on 1/3/13 9:53 am
It sounds like you should definitey go. Who cares what they think anyway. I've read some horror stories online of people with abdominal problems who had to be really forceful to get the treatment they needed. .. sometimes going to the er three or four times. Just go and say you have concern that blood flow to part of your intestine may be cut off causing your symptoms and tell them you're a bariatric surgery patient.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I have several health problems that cause constant pain and I'm hesitant to take my own issues seriously also.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views