I want to eat my feelings

jastypes
on 12/7/12 1:07 am - Croydon, PA
Bill just told me is working every night from now until Christmas.  I won't even get to sleep next to him on my b-day weekend. I am sad. Sometimes I feel unimportant and insignificant. And I want to eat away these feelings.  I think I "deserve" to eat because I am lonely, sad and disappointed.  I think eating sh** will make me feel better.  I have an "I'll show him" chip on my shoulder.    Sane brain says I can't change it.  I need to accept it.  Overeating or eating sugar won't change it OR help me accept it.  Overeating or eating sugar will do nothing but add to my already bad feelings.   ugh. welcome to my insanity once again.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

musicaldonna
on 12/7/12 2:56 am - PA

Jill,

I am glad that you posted about what you are feeling.  You are entitled to your feelings but it doesn't mean that they need to make sense.  We are in charge of how we feel - others can contribute to that but ultimately we are responsible for ourselves.  Give yourself permission to grieve and get angry.  Don't beat yourself up over it even if you pick up something that isn't the best food choice.  Do the things that nurture and support yourself.  I'm sure that the weather isn't helping your attitude - it's really depressing out there.  Try to be gentle with yourself - you really don't sound that insane to me and I am sure there are many others out there that would agree with me.  Hang in there - sending you a cyber hug.

Donna

Arlene E.
on 12/7/12 5:13 am - Philadelphia, PA

Wow, Jill, I could have posted this - not the stuff about Bill, LOL, but deserving to eat because of loneliness, disappointments, and any other unhappy thought that occurs.

The rational me knows that filling up with crappy food does not make the feelings go away and if anything makes them worse.

The irrational me wants the junk just because....

OK brain,  let the rational side have more power even if just for this moment.

UGH is right.

bvohl
on 12/8/12 2:41 am
Jill,

Hang in there! This is a tough time of year for indulging in things we usually don't. You are one of the strongest women I know!!

I am glad you came on to the board to post about your feelings

Take care,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA