Thursday roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 12/5/12 7:17 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning PA!

Getting a late start this morning.  Kitties kept me awake very late last night.  Hider finally settled in next to me, hiding between my pillows last night.  She did not move all night.   We knew when Ez can into the room she went through her growling/hissing.  So I'm very tired this morning. 

We got through yesterday.  I made it through yesterday, a few times when I get emotional.  All in all our lawyer said I did well.  Now onto the next steps in this mess.  Hopefully sometime before the end of next year this will be resolved.

Off to work today, I am looking forward to next week.  We received a notice Monday that we had to use up any unused PTO time prior to Dec 14th.  Nothing like receiving less than a 2 week notice that the rules have changed.  Last year we had until Dec 31st to use up that time.  A lot of us are scrambling to take time off, most are not happy with this because planning for folks to be out of the office unexpectedly is rough.  I will be off Mon, Tues, and Wed of next week.  That will leave either one or two days that will end up in my long term sick leave.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 12/6/12 3:13 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Ida,

Given what you've experienced, I'm sure it was emotional. . . I wish you resolution in a manner that gives you satisfaction and closes that chapter for you and Gene.

I'm at work, been researching private dental plans, as my company in order to save money on insurance and so on, is changing our carriers for the 3rd time in the past 4 years and the new dental plan does not have my dentist/hygenist who I LOVE in the plan, so by the time I pay for it out of pocket, I'd do better to just pay for it myself and have coverage that I need.  Luckily, my doctors take the insurance we are switching too, but of course, the high deductible is now $2,000. . .  it's just impossible to look forward to any kind of retirement with all the expenses that will come with it and yet I so want to not have to work a fulltime job past the point of retirement age, let me keep it in the present, because who the heck knows what the next 9+ years will bring me.

Went to a noontime AA meeting and this evening I am meeting up with my friend Owen after work today to have sushi.  Something to look forward to.

Wishing you the best possible of days.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 12/6/12 7:00 am - Perry, MI

Sorry so late checking in.  Utley was at the groomers getting a bath and a pedicure most of the morning.  While he was gone, I scrubbed the kitchen and living room floors, and then took some rug shampoo to the hall and one of my kitchen throw rugs.  After I picked him up, I took some stuff to the Salvation Army store.  Then, to AC Moore to see if some wooden letters were in yet.  It doesn't look like I'm going to get this train made for Frankie.  Then, I went to my sister's to pick up some dining room chairs that I had lent her.  Now, Utley is fast asleep on the couch.  Right after we got home, one of the boys in the neighborhood came by to walk him.  Poor puppy had a long, exciting, exhausting day.

This evening, I'm trying to shake a headache.  My ENT doc has added two meds to my regimen, in the past six weeks, and I now have another sinus infection.  So, he ordered a CT scan, which I'm getting done first thing tomorrow.  When I get to Michigan I have to find an ENT doc and hematologist first thing.

I hope everyone has had a good day, and has a better evening.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views