New Here

Ms_Ruby
on 11/30/12 9:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Hi my name is Ruby and i'm new to this site. I am aspiring to have the Lap Band surgery though Penn's bariatric program in Philadelphia. I look forward to all the support that I may receive here!

musicaldonna
on 12/1/12 5:02 am - PA

Welcome Ruby!  My name is Donna and I had RNY surgery 3 years ago at Barix in Langhorne, PA.  It was the best decision that I ever made.  Do they have a support group down at Penn?  There is a good one at Barix.  Pre-op is the 2nd Tuesday of the month and also on the 1st Saturday of the month.  Anyone is welcome even if you are not having your surgery there.  Feel free to post any question here or to voice any of your concerns.  I found this site to be very helpful in the months leading up to my surgery.  Hope to see you around the PA board.  Good luck.

Donna

Lisa H.
on 12/1/12 8:53 am - Whitehall, PA

Hi Ruby and welcome.. I had my surgery in Feb 2009.  I am not from the Philly area, but do go to the Barix meetings on occasion.  I lurk around this board and need to go back to posting on a more regular basis. 

Good luck with your pre-op preparations!! Look forward to following your success. 

My tracker

hers 

musicaldonna
on 12/2/12 12:44 am - PA

Lisa,

It's good to see your beautiful picture on the board again.  At Barix yesterday we were talking about how quiet the board has been these past few months.  It feels like it's dying.  I have tried posting more but there are times that I just say what's the use.  I'm going to work on my attitude more.  Hope that all is well with Siehara and that you have a good holiday.  Would love to see you down at Barix again but I know that you work a second job and I am sure you are busy with the holiday season.  Take good care of yourself.

Donna

Ms_Ruby
on 12/2/12 5:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
Laureen S.
on 12/2/12 9:45 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Welcome to the PA Forum, in addition to this forum, you might wish to see if there is one that is geared towards the type of surgery you are having, as many (most) of the few people who still come here, had RNY and lately the Gastric Sleeve surgery.  We are always willing and happy to help and see you people around.  This board used to be a lot more active and that is why I am suggesting you might want to see if there is a board geared towards your particular surgery.

As Donna suggested, we do, in fact, have a support group at Barix, Langhorne (in the Oxford Valley Mall area) several times a month and all are welcome to attend.  If you check in here, you will see the postings for the meetings.

In the meantime, I wish you the very best on taking charge of your life.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 12/3/12 9:05 am
Hi Ruby,

Welcome to the PA board! We will give you what ever support we possibly can since most of us on this board have had RNY(gastric bypass). If nothing else we can give you emotional support!

Good luck to you!

I am 3.5 years out and have maintained most of my weight loss!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lina78
on 12/3/12 11:39 am - PA

Hi Ruby,

I am also having my surgery in Philadelphia, but at Temple.  I am going to go the DS route.  Good luck and keep us posted.

HW: 370       CW: 319     GW: not sure yet

Started the process last year, thought I could do it on my own, reconsidering.

So over PCOS and IF. 

IdaMae D.
on 12/3/12 2:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Ruby;

Welcome to the PA boards!  My hubby had his surgery 2006, I had mine 2009 both of us through Temple, both RnY.

Ida

IdaMae

shygirl440
on 12/13/12 1:33 pm - Reading, PA
Hello Ruby, my name is Juana I'm from Reading so that's not to far from you. I had the lap band done Nov 2010 and it was the best thing I could have done, my start weight was 232 I am now 145 my goal was 155 so I went pasted it I am happy where I am at now I don't want to lose anymore. OK enough about me let me know how you are going with this would love to keep in touch with u while you do the surgery if anything I can give u my number and we can text I love to text lol. Just let me know OK take care of yourself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views