An attitude of gratitude!

musicaldonna
on 11/18/12 12:15 am - PA

Happy Thanksgiving Week PA peeps!

I want to extend best wishes to everyone for a happy, healthy, restful Thanksgiving.  In looking back over this past year for myself I can see how much healthier I am now than this time last year.  At this point in 2011 I was battling a deep depression again, not being faithful to my vitamins, food or support system.  Even though my financial situation was better in 2011, I find that I am more at peace and happier in 2012.  I have had to detach myself from non-essential material items and in a way that has been very freeing for me.  Professionally I am back in my old school doing volunteer work and subbing.  The difference now is that the new administration appreciates my expertise and professionalism so I feel like a valued colleague again. My family was so lucky in the aftermath of Sandy and for that I am thankful.  Last but not least I am thankful to all of you on this board - posters and lurkers  laugh.  The greatest gift of my life was this tool I was given through WLS.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that had I not had the surgery I would be one very sick woman as I dealt with the challenges of this past 20 months.  My prayers and good wishes go out to those of you who are dealing with illness, death, job loss, relocation, problems with children, housing crises etc.  Trying to send positive energy (prayers) your way.  Many blessings for you and your loved ones during this Thanksgiving season.  Best wishes.

Donna   

Laureen S.
on 11/18/12 10:59 pm, edited 11/18/12 11:02 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Donna, PA Peeps. . .

At this holiday, in particular, it is a good time to reflect and take stock of the lives we have and the gifts of good health many of us have achieved by having WLS.  While I am so human and therefore get caught up in the wants of life, I try each day to remember that I have all that I need and a support system that has proven to be one of most invaluable tools for joyful living!!!  I certainly feel blessed in having you as a part of that group and for those old and new to this forum, wherever you may be, I wish you the very best Thanksgiving, may you find yourself surrounded by good friends and/or family and no matter what has happened up this point in the year, find something to be joyful and hopeful for!

Hugs and good wishes,

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 11/19/12 10:21 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Thank you for posting this, Donna. I love this holiday because you can reflect on what is most important, the people in your life. I have SO many people that I am grateful for having as friends, family (real and adopted) and the continued support on here!! I wish more people would post on here like in the past. This board used to be much more active and it saddens me that so many have strayed from this board. Be that as it may, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I am going to get lots of rest and enjoy time with my family.

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views