Thank you to all the regulars!

musicaldonna
on 10/24/12 1:26 am - PA
     I would just like to give a shout out to all the past and present regular contributors to the PA board.  When I began this journey 3.5 years ago I would come on the board and read about what was happening in everyone else's life.  I got to share in the lives of some awesome people.  I know if I start naming people I will forget a few but I am going to try - Nan, Pam, Karen, Norm, Dennis, Katie, Nicole, Steffi, the girl who did the cooking class and has a gorgeous litle girl (sorry), Laureen, Arlene and then Lisa, Beth V., Ida, Trish, Jill, Jackie, etc..  I know that the board is not like it used to be.  I am not a Facebook person so the only way I know what is happening in the WLS community is by coming here.  I have gotten better at responding and posting this past year.  I guess you don't realize how much something means to you until it is no longer there.  If any of the old timers are still out there reading - THANK YOU.  You helped me in ways you will never know.  I hope that I have been able to pass along the torch to others.  

I apologize in advance because I am sure that I have forgotten many names.  I hope that the world is treating all of you well and that you continue to pay it forward.  

Best Wishes,
Donna   
IdaMae D.
on 10/24/12 8:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Donna;
I'm still out here.  Life is crazy busy.  I do understand what you mean when you say keeping up with each other's lives. 
I try to get on here, alas, I am ALWAYS late for work anymore - not sure what's going on with that.  Maybe I need to change to a later schedule - if I do that then that is all the later I'll be driving home.  Guess I won't go that route.
Since school has ended it seems that life has just exploded.  Work is busy, trying to get the rest of the house back together is insane.

I remember when I was able to get to Barix your sharing your experiences was invaluable to me as I began my journey :-)

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 10/25/12 1:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Yes, Donna, it sure is different around here these days. . .  a virtual ghost town. . . 

I have been very busy at work, so not on here too much these days, stealing time right now from the project I have to work on. . .  I do think Facebook changed things an awful lot, however, that is a "friends" kind of place and not everyone on here is connected in such a way; there also was a bit of fracture sometime ago with people not filtering their thoughts and speaking out in inappropriate ways and I think that affected some of the people who used to come on here more regularly.  Ultimately, life changes in many ways post-WLS and so I guess for many, this was a good place to be, but does not serve their purpose any longer. . . but for me, at least at the moment, I try to peek in and see if anyone needs information that based on experience I can help them with.

Hope to see you next Saturday!

Hugs, Laureen

BTW, it was Liz who ran the cooking class (sadly, I never was able to make it, always happened on a weekend when I had other things going on).

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Arlene E.
on 10/27/12 11:48 pm - Philadelphia, PA

You are welcome and I appreciate you also.   You are always willing to share and that supports so many of us.

arlene

Nicole0216
on 10/28/12 11:17 am - Lancaster, PA

Thank you Donna it is good to know that our participation on this board was helpful. Still out there and fighting the good fight. I appreciate you too

jastypes
on 11/9/12 2:56 am - Croydon, PA

I just saw this.  oops.  I guess I'm guilty of not coming here as often to offer and obtain support.  This is a good reminder.  So many people in varying stages of this journey are directed to OH.com for information and encouragement.  I'll try to be a more regular participant.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views