Thursday! Dangerously Close to the End of the Week!

lynnc99
on 10/17/12 10:30 pm
 Good morning everyone!

It's Thursday! I work 6 hours today at Apple, then will be home to change clothes before going to yoga. I discovered a teacher here who is inexpensive and does not require signing up for a series - she uses a pay as you go system. 90 minutes for 10 bucks!

After our road trip last week I have my dog here now. Holly is a 12 year old boxer so much of the week has been acclimating her to the new neighborhood and house. She seems to be doing great and travelled just fine. It was a lot of fun to make the drive to FL with Mike - and a much needed break for him although he still had quite a few work calls on Friday. 

Biggest news for us is that Mike will be giving his formal notice of retirement this week. It is a leap of faith, hoping that he will lock in a prospect in FL (and it looks good). He is in his early 60's and technically "could" retire but there are a couple of factors that make it better for him (and us, financially) to work a few more years. So I ask for your prayers and good thoughts over the next few days on that horizon. 

I was shocked a couple of weeks ago to see I had popped up 5 lbs. 3 are gone now. Just have to be vigilant....I'd gotten way too casual about my eating. Living alone I have gotten into a nighttime snack habit and that really adds up. On the other hand, when I grocery shop, it's very common to pass by MANY foods just thinking, "no,, that doesn't sound good." Searching for the happy medium. 

Recovering from t he face lift is going well. Eyelids are totally healed. I still get a little swelling in the ligaments just below my ears, but ice and tylenol control that well. And I still look a little "chipmunky" depending on that swelling, but nothing too excessive. I am glad I had it done!

OK off to get ready to the "fruit stand". Happy day everyone!

Laureen S.
on 10/18/12 12:35 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Lynn, PA Friends. . .

It has been a busy week... I was laid low by a cold all weekend and into Monday and Tuesday and yesterday were so busy at work that I did not take a lunch break yesterday, just a couple of pottie breaks and heat up my food. . .  hoping today will be busy enough for the day to pass, but not crazy so as to make me feel exhausted when I leave work today. . .

Glad you're trip home went good and I'm hoping that Mike get's whatever position he has applied for in Florida so that you both can do what you need over the next couple of years to enjoy the golden retirement years. . .  I am working towards that ideal and hoping that I can actually retire at my regular retirement age in 9 years, considering how quickly time flies, it will be here before I know it. . . it's always good to plan for things and I am also hoping my retirement plan includes a place in Florida, hopefully on the gulf coast. . . though my daughters would perfer me to live closer to them. . . we will see. . .

Yes, some old habits creep in from time to time, but like you, I seem able to pass up a lot of the things that used to call to me.  Last night we had our monthly 3rd Wednesday meeting and I celebrated my 5th surgiversary, which was a reminder of my being in that meeting 5 years prior with my IV pole and hospital gown. . . how quick it has gone and when I looked at my photo book, in which I had some stats, I am 13 lbs. higher today than I was at my 1 year post-op and that is pretty darn good. . .  not where I want to be, but not where I used to be and today I am healthy and able to move with much more freedom than the person I was 5 years ago. . .  perhaps this next year will find me closer to where I was at my 1 year mark.. .

Anyway, enough from me. . . wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views