Tom Tyler

jmbhk5
on 10/12/12 8:49 am, edited 10/12/12 9:02 am - FOLCROFT, PA
To all who new Tom Tyler  just wanted you to no that tom passed away today please say a prayer for him and his family ,They all need it at this hard time

bvohl
on 10/12/12 9:03 pm
So sorry to hear! Thoughts and prayers go out to his family!!

Sincerely, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Dennis Belk
on 10/13/12 2:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Very sad to hear this news. Thank you for the post Joe. My condolences to the Tyler family. May you all find peace in  the good memories you share and save.

Tom Tyler had RNY back on 1/26/05 at Barix Clinics. He came just before me and I will always remember his enthusiasm, dedication, inspiration and leadership. He was very active on this board and for a time had "daily words" to help Everyone here. He also served as a post-op support group leader at Barix for a time. Tom worked very hard at this "life". So much so that, perhaps, it began to consume him so he needed to step away for a while. Tom was getting to a burnout point and needed to step back in a major way. When he did there were others who stepped up and continued to carry that torch. Shauna Dhoble and Dave Allen were post-op support group co-leaders for a time. I followed them and there have been many  leaders since the creation of 1st Saturdays at Barix. Laureen Scimeca, our current leader,  follows a long line of patient/leaders that began with Audrey Solomon who led Tom and I during our infancy. Those early years were like no other. They seemed so new and so lifting. So inspiring and special. I can only hope that all of you have that experience of specialness. That is how I will remember Tom Tyler. He had many special words but my favorite quote from Tom was this, "We may not be perfect everday but we can be good. Be good today."

Rest in peace buddy.

Dennis
Heather T.
on 10/13/12 4:59 am - Bucks County, PA
Rest in Peace, Tom! He visited me in my room at Barix the night after my surgery. Such a kind and giving soul! May his family find comfort and peace, they are in my prayers!

I'm a classic overachiever, I'm a mom of twins!!

IdaMae D.
on 10/13/12 5:14 am - Philadelphia, PA

Gene and I both send out our prayers and condolences to Tom and his family.  Back in Jan 2006 when Gene first had his surgery and started to have complications - Tom was the first person to reach out to me here on OH.  If not for Tom, Shauna, and Dennis I'd have gone crazy trying to figure out how to help my husband and take care of him, when to call the doctor and when to load him into the car and head to the ER. 

RIP in peace Tom....

Ida & Gene.....

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 10/13/12 11:34 am - Maple Shade, NJ
While I cannot say I knew Tom in the way many did, I heard people speak of him and I do believe I remember him from my early days on this board. . . I wish him eternal rest, for his family and all those close associates/friends, I hope they find peace in the memories they have of him and the knowledge of the many lives he touched via his WLS journey. . . I'm sure that he will be missed by many. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 10/13/12 8:36 pm - Perry, MI
 I vaguely remember Tom from my early days here on OH.  I also believe I met Tom at a support group meeting at Barix, but that was shortly after my surgery.  I am praying for his family at this time.  I pray that they have the strength to move on in the coming days.

God bless,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bosscoupe65
on 10/23/12 11:12 pm - N Huntingdon, PA
I had my surgery over 5 yrs ago.  I believe it was Tom who always posted positive messages.  He kept me on the site .... May God bless him and his family.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views