Facial plastics

lynnc99
on 10/8/12 12:42 am
I've been back in PA for 6 days, and have spent 5 of those days in recovery mode after some plastics last week. I had a consult with Dr. Scott Gaynor in Harrisburg about a year ago, but was not able to go forward at that time. When it looked as if I would have a block of time to come north, Mike suggested I see if I could get the work done on this trip.

I know, most post ops talk about tummy tucks, lower body lifts, bat wings, etc. But for me, after 3 years I have remained pretty happy with how I look with clothes on. I am fairly well toned, depending on my faithfulness with exercise. In my 50's, I have no desire to wear short skirts or tiny shorts or spaghetti straps.

But what I saw in the mirror was this: a drooping neck that went beyond what some jokingly call "turkey neck." I was horribly self conscious of how I looked when I glanced downward...like all this skin and leftover tissue just sort of s-l-I-d into layers draping around my chin and jaw. And then there were my eyelids. I know, and don't we all, that obesity stretches skin all over our body. But the eyelids? Mine drooped downward at the corners, with an extra layer of skin that almost looked Asian. The folds of skin around my deep set eyes became irritated very easily. Its hard to explain - not wrinkles, exactly, but definitely detracting from my appearance. No. Thats not it. Changing my appearance.

So I opted for two facial procedures- a face lift and upper blepharoplasty. The doc removed extra skin from the eyelids, and did a face lift that basically takes care of things between mp the ears and the neck.

Outpatient surgery was done on Thursday, I came home with my head wrapped up until it was (I kid you not) the size of a pumpkin. A fairly large pumpkin at that. On Friday the bandages came off, but I was still very swollen. Believe me, there were moments of "What have I done?" over the weekend. I don't think I was prepared for the discomfort, difficulty sleeping, and overall recovery process. The face has so many nerves, muscles, and blood vessels - it hurt!

But today the swelling has moderated quite a bit. I can see my jaw. The staples come out tomorrow morning. My ears are still numb but that is normal.

Another experience to chalk up in this life. I think I will be very happy with the results over the long run. I do know this. I don't plan to sign up for anything further in the plastics realm. More power to ya to those who do, but this is enough for me!
Laureen S.
on 10/8/12 1:29 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Glad to hear about your experience and I'm sure it will bring you the results you were hoping for and I'll bet you look fabulous after all has settled down. . .   I had plans for a tummy tuck but then the sudden illness of my Dillinger happened and what that cost kind of changed the game for me, but given the outcome,  I don't have any regrets about the money it cost. . .  so perhaps one day I will be able to do the plastics and I want to have the tummy tuck and what you had done as well, as I'd always planned on a facelift after 55. . .So happy for you Lynn, you worked hard and continue to persevere, enjoy the rewards!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 10/8/12 1:53 am
Here is hoping for a QUICK and fairly pain free recovery!!

Keep us updated!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 10/8/12 3:34 am - PA
Glad to hear that all went well with your plastics.  From what I have heard the recovery from any type of plastics is way worse than the normal recovery from LAP RNY.  Hope that you will be happy with the results once the swelling goes down.  Always good to read your posts.  Take care.

Donna
cleos_mom
on 10/8/12 11:22 am - phila., PA
Good for you. Sometimes the pain with plastics is bad but the outcome is so wrth it. I had a blepharoplasty n facelift, once the staples are out you will feel so much better, y cheeks were sore for about a week and each day got better, it is hard to see results with a swollen face
Good luck to you
Susan
IdaMae D.
on 10/9/12 10:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Glad to hear you were able to have your plastics.  Gene had all his plastics done - I'm scared to have any more surgeries because of some medical conditions with the blood clots but would love to have the face tightened up. 
God speed in your healing.
Ida

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 10/12/12 11:09 pm - Pottstown, PA
I hope that you recover quickly my friend! You are beautiful!! ((HUGS))

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 10/18/12 11:02 pm

Welcome to the club, I had mine done in January 2011, no eyelids though.  I'm very happy with my results, I went to LifeStyle Lifts in Marlton, NJ.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views