TGIF!!!! Rainy, but who cares it's Friday!!!

Laureen S.
on 9/27/12 10:34 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Yay, that most wonderful day of the Monday to Friday working folk!!!  and a payday to boot ;)  Even though everyone gets paid and the money doesn't sit in the bank long. . .  at least the bills get paid!

So whatcha all doing today?  this weekend?  forecast is mixed, so who knows what to expect. . .  let's hope for sunshine.

My plan today is being here at wor****il 4, then picking up my sponsee so she can come hang with me and my buddies for the weekend, after I pick her up, we will make a brief stop home and then go to my son's house for pizza and birthday cake, as my youngest grandson, Vaughn, turns 7 today!!!

Those are my plans. . . how about you?

Hope all is well with Beth and Trish. . .anyone else with challenges going on.

Hugs and good wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 9/27/12 10:54 pm
Good Morning Laureen and PA!

I am hanging in there. Went to see Mom yesterday. When I talked to her she opened her eyes and looked at me. I held her hand and asked her to squeeze it and she did!! It was a nice connection moment. Don't know how many more of those we will see.

I also got a surprise phone call from my friend from VA. We haven't spoken in about three years, we had a falling out. Most of you who have been with me at Barix know that I have spoken of her many times. I had thought of calling her, but I didn't know how she would react. My other friend contacted her to let her know how sick my mom was. My mom was like her second mom. We grew up together and have been friends for over 30 years. I love my friend for doing this for me. I didn't have the guts to call her myself for fear of her hanging up on me. I had no clue where she was and what her mindset was. We had a nice conversation, caught each other up on our lives, had some laughs about times with my mom. I asked her if she would be willing to keep in contact and she said yes!! I am glad for that because I have missed her. She was very receptive to me. I guess my mom is working her magic! Thanks Mom!!!

I decided to take the day off today. I have been in remote control mode all week. Some of my coworkers said to me, "go be with your mom!", so that is what I will do. I have some errands to run and bills to pay first.

Just wanted to update all of you. Thank you to all who have been thinking of me and my family at this time. It is nice to know that I have so many people in my corner!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 9/27/12 11:06 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Beth,

Happy that your friend and you patched things up, funny thing about old friends, they are unlike any others we have. . .  I spent last night with one of my oldest and dearest friends, who is moving to Hallendale, Florida. . .  we have been friends since I was 19 (a very long time (lol)).  . .  we've had times where we did not see eye to eye and periods of cooling off, but whenever we rekindle our friendship, it is stronger than ever.  Life is what it is, none of us are perfect and we suffer from human fralities, but the bottom line is if we learn to embrace that which we love in another, often we can move past the things that rub us the wrong way, which is not to say we should accept behaviors that are meanspirited, but that we sometimes truly have to agree to disagree and back off for a little while until we can have a meaningful and unemotional discussion.  However, these are never easy and I am just glad your friend came around.  Enjoy your day with Mom and be sure to not think that because you have a day off, you have to fill it up with too much, you need some Beth time!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

jackie M.
on 9/27/12 11:34 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
Happy Birthday to your grandson.... 

laundry, then heading to the bloomsburg fair if it's nice enough when the granddaughter gets home from school...  I'm hoping that I can find something for my liquid diet up there....  But I doubt it.  So I will take up a goodie bag of yogurt, jello, and fat free milk to go along with my body fortress.  plus a couple of bottles of water to boot.   

I stepped on the scales today and I am UNDER 250...  I was 249.. That is 35 lbs off since New Years!!      I can't wait for my new life to begin on the 10th of Oct.  I'm gonna  that weight off.

After I get home tonight, I have to make a cake for my one grandson's birthday.. he turned 11 back on the 7th...  so his party is late...  He wants a Sponge Bob cake...  

Again, my sister is telling me its the easy way to lose weight, it's for lazy people, and for me not to try t be something i'm not.   I let it go in 1 ear and out the other...   I look at it that she is just being jealous and childish with her rants....  She can try to discourage me all she wants, but it will not work...  I'm stronger than her and want to improve my health so I can be there for my grandkids..  Even the NEW granddaughter who is due in Feb.  

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Laureen S.
on 9/27/12 11:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Jackie,

Happy belated to your grandson, I'm sure he will enjoy his cake. . .because it was made with love from grandma. . .

Congrats on losing 35 lbs. pre-WLS, that is awesome and will go a long way in aiding your surgeon when he does his part in this process. . .  as for your sister, there are many naysayers and people who think this is the easy way to go. . .  I was actually of that mindset until I saw what people close to me experienced in going through the process. . .  your sister is probably fearful and let's face it, everyone knows of someone who had a bad experience.  It is your choice and I have no doubt that in time, she will come around to seeing you made the right choice for you.  The truth is the easy part is turning ourselves over to the care of the surgeon, the hard part begins after we are surgically altered and then further out in the maintenance phase of this life changing surgery.

Best wishes as you continue towards the Loser's Bench, it's only 2 weeks away and I am an October baby, so I'll be championing you on!

Laureen

jackie M.
on 9/28/12 12:48 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 Thanks Lauren... 

He will like his cake..  I've been getting better at decorating cakes..  I have a few ideas on Sponge Bob.  I'll have to post pics when I get it done.  I want to do a  cake and put batter on a cookie sheet to cut out bob and put him in a sitting position on top of the cake.  I hope it works..

I'm hoping that she will come around, but....I don't forward to it..   I dye my hair blonde, she has a fit... she is blonde and she thinks I'm trying to look like her...  She is younger than me and has always treated me like I was nothing more than dirt under her feet.   

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Lisa H.
on 9/28/12 12:18 am - Whitehall, PA
 Happy Friday all... I had a very fulfilling day yesterday. I posted separately about that.  I still feel great about the day.

Today, I am busy trying to catch up on 2 days of missed emails and work.  After work, I need to make a car payment and do some grocery shopping.  

Later tonight, I will be heading out with some friends to see my favorite band, Shorty Long and the Jersey Horns.  I'm going to email the lead singer again to see if he'll let me get up and sing, too.. 

Tomorrow during the day I will catch up on some cleaning.  Neil will be here after work.. yes, he finally got a job.  For the first few months, at least, he will have to work 6 days a week.  Hopefully once he establishes himself in the company, that will change.  But for now, we are both grateful that he found something and will work around it.  He and I are going to a friend's party tomorrow night and will most likely just relax on Sunday, since he will have to leave in the early evening to get home and get ready for work on Monday.

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 9/28/12 10:01 pm - Perry, MI
 Sorry I missed this Laureen.  I usually post on here from the agency in the afternoon, but was crazy busy and almost fell asleep a few times here this morning.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views