Tuesday - PA - What's Shaking?

Laureen S.
on 9/24/12 10:49 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning PA Folks. . .

First of all, let's wish Beth V. a Happy Birthday, as well as sending an avalanche of love and prayers her way, as some may know, if connected to her thru Facebook, her Mom is not doing well and she could really use an avalanche of prayers and loving thoughts. . .  So here's to you Beth!  Hoping the year ahead will bring you much more joy than you are experiencing on this day!

Today is a workday, I am at work, after work dinner with Tony and then tomorrow, thanks to the Jewish high holy day, I have a day off. . .

Hoping you find yourself enjoying some of the sunshine and nice weather today.  Good wishes and thoughts to any facing challenging issues.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 9/24/12 11:08 pm
Laureen,

Thank you so much for the shout out!! The love and support I have gotten has really humbled me. It really means so much.

My mom is not doing well at all. They had four people try to put in an NG tube for nutrition and meds and they could not get it in. So, I think it is her way of saying "enough is enough!" Now to deal with the finality of things is not going to be easy. My brother and I are both struggling with this. After work I will be heading to the hospital.

Not much else to say...

Thank you all again for everything!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Izabelle G.
on 9/25/12 12:40 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
Happy Birthday! I will keep you, your mom, and your family in my thoughts.

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

Patricia R.
on 9/25/12 4:54 am - Perry, MI
Happy Birthday Beth,
I know that this is probably not going to be a very good birthday.  I've had two such birthdays.  Both my father and baby brother died in the month of October, different years.  Their's were sudden, and my birthday immediately followed their passing.

But, also know this, your Mom is loved by God, and in my prayers.  Same goes for you.  You are loved by God, and in my prayers.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

musicaldonna
on 9/25/12 9:59 am - PA
Happy Birthday Beth - hang in there kiddo and let the prayers and good wishes of your WLS support group carry you through these difficult days.
Patricia R.
on 9/25/12 4:57 am - Perry, MI
Greetings Laureen and PA,
I am at my regular volunteer job.  I had physical therapy this morning.  I am not as good at doing my daily exercises as I'm supposed to be, so I have to get that improved.

After this job, I'm heading to do campaign work for two hours.

Nothing super exciting.  I will get to an AA meeting tomorrow morning.  Today's schedule did not permit it.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views