Happy Monday PA Folks!!!

Laureen S.
on 9/24/12 2:48 am - Maple Shade, NJ
 Hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather this past weekend gave us, the rain was timed perfectly after the dark had fallen. . .  

It was nice coming on this morning and seeing Harvey post the Sunday thread and all the many people who posted to it. . .  this board has been a little light lately, but life is busy and if anyone realizes that, it would be me, as this past weekend I had a whirlwind of activities, whi*****luded babysitting my grandchildren, a farewell party at my friend's house Friday night, she has moved to Hallendale, Florida. . .  a good housecleaning, laundry, errands, food prep, watching my team barely beat the Dolpins (ugggh), Jets fan here (lol). . .  anyway, right now I am baking a healthy french toast caserole, made with w/w cinnamon raisin bread, eggbeaters, pecans and slices of apple and a drizzle of honey, in a few moments I will get ready for work and then walk my Roxie girl before leaving for the beginning of my workweek. . .

I surely hope you all have a wonderful day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 9/24/12 6:30 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Laureen and PA,
Laureen, thanks for your encouragement on OFF, about sponsoring.  It helped.

Today, I am reversing my AA meeting and bloodwork from my OFF post.  Both my sponsee and I overslept, and decided to make the noon meeting, rather than the 9:00 am.  I then have my volunteer work.

Yesterday, my sponsor spoke at the morning AA meeting, so I went to support her, and introduce her to my sponsee.  We then went out to lunch at a diner nearby.  She got breakfast, and I got lunch.  I got a mini meal that was anything but mini.  Oy.  Soup, protein, veggie, potatoes, roll and butter.  I took about 80% of it home, and made two more meals.  Utley helped.  LOL

I better get a move on.  Looks like a lovely Autumn day.

Hugs,
Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/24/12 8:42 am
GM Laureen, Trish and PA!!

My weekend was o****il last night when my brother called me to let me know that my mom was taken to the hospital. Her temperature was VERY low and she hasn't been eating. She is in the ICU and talking about an NG tube for nutrition and medication. The doctors basically said it was either the NG tube or hospice...so I think we are going to try the tube. I don't know what to hope for. She has suffered long enough but I am having difficulty dealing with the possibility of the loss of my mom. Although in many ways I feel like I lost her many years ago. She is just a shell of the woman I remember. My head hurts and my stomach is in knots.

OH friends please pray for me (and mom) that I have the strength to get through this!! I know once she passes she will be in a much better place. It has been torture to watch her slowly slip away...

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 9/24/12 7:51 am - PA
Beth,

Please be assured of my prayers for you and your mom.  It must be difficult to see your mom slowly slip away.  My father died from a brain tumor almost 20 years ago.  It took place in a matter of months but now I see that we were lucky that he didn't linger.  Thank God that my mom is going strong at 81.  I know that I appreciate her more now than before my dad died.  No one is guaranteed tomorrow so I try to make every day count when it comes to the people I care about.  I will pray that you will be peaceful and remain strong for whatever comes your way.  Take care my friend.

Donna 
Laureen S.
on 9/24/12 10:02 am - Maple Shade, NJ
 Wishing you some peace at this very difficult time. . .  prayers for you and your family. . .  it is never easy to watch those closest to us weaken with illness and age.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views