September Saturday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 9/22/12 5:21 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA Peeps,
Well, it's supposed to be a gorgeous day, for the most part.  I so wanted to go help out at my agency's Recovery Walk down at Penn's Landing today.  My boss at my volunteer job wouldn't let me because of my need to wear my boot for my foot injury.  My heart is with the volunteers and walkers this morning.  The walk is an empowering event for people in recovery from addictions and alcoholism.  

I'm heading to my AA meeting this morning.  Then, to physical therapy for my back.  After that, my sis-in-law and I are going to a yarn store in Pennington to get some new yarn.  My older grandson, Lincoln keeps stealing his brother, Franklin's, new blanket I made him.  He likes the yarn.  So, I'm going to make him a smaller version.  He still sucks his thumb, and holds a blanket.  So cute.

This afternoon, I'll be working on a Bible study's homework.  I missed the study on Monday, and just got the book yesterday.  I have a lot of catch-up to do.

Gotta scoot.

Love, and hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/22/12 5:47 am
GM Trish and PA!!

I have been lurking but work has really been taking it out of me!! I hardly get on FB anymore let alone on here! Lots of stuff going on here, nothing bad just busy!! I have really been making it a point to just focus on my job and not the negative /backstabbing people I work with. The administration is throwing a lot of new things our way as far as teaching goes. LOTS of professional development and meetings...blech! I am really encouraged by all the kids who want to participate in my program. I have kids begging me in the hallway to play an instrument. It is good to know that what I am doing matters to the kids!! Although I don't often get that it matters to the powers at be, as long as I am at my duties, they leave me alone....which is fine with me.

Trish, I am glad that your boss wouldn't let you go, you need to take care of yourself and get that foot better!!

Well, I am gonna go!
Have a GREAT day!!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 9/22/12 6:45 am - Whitehall, PA
Morning all....

Last night I went to my friends' instead of karaoke. We had a great time and I avoided ALL the carby snacks they had laid out on the table. I brought a cup of decaf and a protein shake with me and only had one shot of a chocolate covd pretzel drink they made. I'm not a drinker, so that wasn't difficult. I was very proud of myself for sitting around the table for 3 hours and not touching any of the snacks.

Today we are heading to synagogue so I
 can say the prayer for my dad.  Lunch time will be a bit rough but I looked and saw that the Muscle Milk shakes have the kosher marking, so I think I'm just going to bring a shake with me.  If there is tuna or egg salad, I'll have a small portion of that.  If there are no protein options, then I'll have my shake.  Going with a positive attitude about the food and the people.  

After services, we need to pick up our Tae Kwon Do uniforms at the cleaners where they were getting hemmed.  I also need to stop at the drug store and the pet store.  Other than that, relaxing most of the day and probably heading out to karaoke tonight. 

Neil did not come in yesterday and won't be here at least til Tuesday.  He has a job interview this morning and Monday morning. 
 Keep your fingers crossed that he gets something.  It's critical to our relationship that he finds something soon.  Plus, just the general need of an income to survive in this world.  

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. 

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 9/22/12 7:20 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Trish, Beth, Lisa and anyone else who happen by. . .

Trish hope you enjoy what you have planned, knitting and crocheting is a good outlet for when you can't be running all over and the fact that the babies enjoy what you make is even more special!!!

Beth, you are doing a wonderful job working with the children and sadly government is an impediment in some ways, in other ways necessary, fine line to balance it all, but glad you are getting what you need from those you are there for, the children that has to help some when you have to put up with the other bs. . .  I have another friend that had a rough time in the school she taught in and she recently took a job teaching in Camden, hoping she has a better time of it there.  Hope you have a good day.

Lisa, wishing you a good day and that you guy finds that plum job so that he can feel good about all the hard work he has already put into his career of choice.  I went to a friends farewell party last night and before I went, I stopped at a diner with Tony and ordered from the mini meals menu, had stuffed flounder, no butter, small greek salad and a bite of baked potato skin, so that when I got to the party, I would not knosh on the stuff that would be laid out and I was successful.

This morning I woke up, took Roxie with her friend Maggie and Maggie's Mom, Judy, and we walked the neighborhood looking at various yard sales and such.  I have laundry in the washer and I am headed out the door in a few minutes for a mani/pedi and then to Shoprite to pick up some steaks that have been on sale this week, last day of the sale. . . home to finish chores and then this afternoon going to my son's to babysit so he and his wife can celebrate their anniversary and his 39th birthday in AC this evening.  Those are my plans.

Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views