Hello people I,m new here

INGRID B.
on 9/22/12 6:51 am - PA
Dear Lisa,
  Thanx for responding! I am going to be living a new life and thanx to everyone in here! I was seriously lonely and depressed and had no friends because I isolated myself and was afraid to  venture out into the world. A far cry from how I used to be. I loved travel and snokeling, speilunking ( caving ), Riding horses, going to amusment parks, walking and exploring new places. My addiction has hampered me, and because I gave into the call of the food ( oh yes, it calls to me ), the very thing that I thought I could hide became a prison of sorts. How fortunate I am to have such an opportunity to have surgery and be supported by such nice friends as I have found here online! I am overwhelmed. I am so thankful....you don't know. No I take that back. You guys do know. I am pleased a*****h, over the moon happy as a clam about all the replies so very soon after I wrote my first message. So without furtherado I bid you a wonderful day.
                                                                                   Many Many Blessings,

Ingrid
KatMom
on 9/22/12 7:27 am
RNY on 07/24/12

Hi Ingrid and welcome! It is wonderful that you are opening up and are about to start your journey. I am 8 weeks post-op. I didn't have to do the Optifast diet but I sure do understand the food addiction you speak of.

Take it one day at a time and come to OH to read and hear what others have to say. You will learn a lot!

I live in Hamburg, PA near Cabela's and had my surgery done at Reading Hospital. Please ask any questions, nothing is dumb and nothing is really too personal here lol...we all have gone through it and if we haven't someone will gladly find the answer.

Best of luck to you!!! *hugs*
Kat

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche 

INGRID B.
on 9/22/12 11:37 am - PA
Hey Kat,
  I am so pleased to meet someone who lives nearby. I know where Hamburg is. I used to go to Dove Christian fellowship there. You just had surgery in july?! WOW! You know what?  I gotta tell ya. I am so encouraged and find that reading all these responses has had the effect I was hoping for. Believe it or not My struggles are not as dark and imposing as yesterday. I feel like people are praying for me if you know what I mean. I feel almost giddy. It's as though the eating disorder has been weakened and I can stand to be around food without an overwhelming want for it. I cook for my family and while I enjoy it I was having real issues with desire to eat. Today I just feel like I can do this liquid diet. The disorder is still there but attenuated. Weakened so to speak.
  Thanx so much for being candid and warmheated in your response to my message. I look forward to corresponding with you again.
                                                                                  Many Many Blessings,
                                                                                                  Ingrid
Laureen S.
on 9/22/12 11:59 am - Maple Shade, NJ
 Ingrid,

Welcome to the PA Forum, though my address is the other side of the Delaware, I live in a suburb of Philadelphia and the NJ forum was not a very active one when I began my journey over six years ago, soneone pointed me in the direction of the PA Forum and then later the Over Fifty Forum for people *****member Jack Benny ;)  

Anyway I got lots of support before I had surgery and ever since.  I had my surgery almost 5 years ago and while I have had a regain, I am still in it to win it and my motto is to live life fully as a participant rather than a spectator I must be more compliant, than defiant and I am that.  I am very committed to this way of life and I am sure you will be happy with the results.  

We are a friendly bunch here and on the OFF board as well. . .  if you have questions or concerns that you need answered by people who've been there, someone here will be sure to answer you within reasonable amount of time and if we don't know, we will direct you to the best of our ability based on personal experience.

Best wishes to you.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

INGRID B.
on 9/22/12 12:28 pm - PA
Dear Laureen,
  Thanx so much for replying. I wish I had started 5 years ago but ehhhh I was in denial about the consequeces of  my eating disorder. I'm sure I am going to love the post op results. Hey We are ALLLLL human hun. Just keep talking to others in the forum and I feel confident you will receive some much needed encouragement. I did and I'm still preop. LOL.
  You seem like a hoot to be around and I hope we can get to be friends. I'm a bit of a badazz myself.  I am looking forward to a new life and new strength over this food addiction. Sooooo  see ya later chickipoo!!!

Many Many Blessings
                                                                                        Ingrid
Nicole0216
on 9/24/12 11:02 am - Lancaster, PA
Welcome Ingrid so glad to see you posting
INGRID B.
on 9/24/12 12:01 pm - PA

Thanx so much for acknowledging me and welcoming  me. I'm real glad to have found such an awesome website. Everyone has been so very nice to me.
R U in Cali? I was there for 18 mos. while in the service. Wonderful weather but the shakes scared me too much.  

If you want to write back I'd be ecstatic. I have a friend who lives in Ca.
She is still in the service. I met my first hubby there in san jose. We're divorced now tho. He couldn't handle my pure awesomeness. LOLOLOL.
I'm gonna fly for now

Later,
                                                        Ingrid B
Nicole0216
on 9/25/12 12:17 am - Lancaster, PA
I am in lancaster PA but I have heard there is a Lancaster CA
INGRID B.
on 9/25/12 2:26 am - PA
My bad.
Izabelle G.
on 9/25/12 12:38 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
Welcome! I live right outside of Philly. Literally walk 4 blocks and I am in Philly. I am having a VSG on Oct. 15th.

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views