Hey PA - It's Finally Friday!!!! TGIF!!!

Laureen S.
on 9/21/12 5:44 am - Maple Shade, NJ
For those of us who work the Monday to Friday gig, today is the best day of the workweek (lol)!!!

This evening I am driving up to Hillsborough, NJ to a farewell party for my oldest, dearest best friend, we have been friends for almost two thirds of our life and she has relocated her and her family to Hallendale, Florida, she is here to host a farewell party and finish what needs doing to sell the house she has there.  Even though friendships don't end with distance, there is something sad about not having her within a 2 hour drive. . .  but I am thrilled for her!

For me the weekend entails my son's birthday, for which I have volunteered to babysit the grands so the wife and son can go out for the evening and celebrate both his birthday and their 9th wedding anniversary which was Wednesday.  In addition to all that I will be doing the usual chores us working folks have to do and hoping to fit a much needed mani/pedi into the mix. . .

Well that's it for me, what are you doing?

Wishing you all that you need to face whatever life brings to your doorstep!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 9/21/12 7:10 am - Whitehall, PA
hello everyone.. I've been lurking.. I have to work at the store tonight, so my FINALLY won't occur until after 9:30 tonight.  

Been busy with work and such.  Things here are going REALLY well.  Siehara has been fantastic!! I hate to think this, but sometimes I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I can't help it.  But, it's been about a month and things are still good.  We only have normal teenage stuff and it's over before it gets out of hand.  It is so much more peaceful here.  

I've been trying to stay on track for the past few days and doing a really good job.  I am detoxing and just doing protein shakes, water and my vitamins.  I am on day 3.  I'm figuring I'll go through the weekend slowly adding lean proteins back in and getting AWAY from the stupid carbs.  

Went to synagogue for Rosh Hashanah and it was tough.. I sat in my "normal" seat on the first day and just kind of looked around.. it was kind of like I had never left, but different.  I felt awkward.  After services a few people came over to us and asked where we've been and said that they've missed us.  It made me feel good and bad.. good that they bothered, but bad that they didn't come looking for me over the past few months instead of waiting til I showed up.  I did speak to a few people and they were comforting.  There were good intentions in our talks, but we'll see what happens in the future.  

Anyway, things here are just busy but good.  Neil will be coming back in to town either tonight or tomorrow.  I have to go to synagogue tomorrow because it is when I say the prayer to memorialize my father's death.  The English anniversary isn't until Tuesday, but the Hebrew anniversary is Sunday so I have to say the prayer the Sabbath before.  That will be a better test of how I feel there because there will be the lunch there and more opportunity to talk to people.  I noticed a lot of distance between the Caines and me on Rosh Hashanah.  It's definitely not the same and while it hurts a LITTLE, I realize that they are in a different place in their life than I am and we just don't have the same bonds as we used to have.  

Well, enough about that.. better get back to work.  Have a great weekend everyone!

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 9/21/12 7:34 am - Perry, MI
 Hey Lisa,
Good luck with the detox.  That's great that you are trying to get back on track.

I totally understand your anticipation of the other shoe dropping.  I've been there with my younger son when he lived with me.  My suggestion is to just enjoy what is happening now.  Things may be great because of the Tae Kwon Do.  The exercise and discipline that requires, plus Siehera's ability to help you with the moves, is probably making a huge difference in her overall mental health.  That type of structure is awesome for any adolescent, especially those with mental health issues.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 9/22/12 4:54 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lisa,

Glad to read that things are good and sounds like Siehara is feeling more secure these days and that is good.  As for that other shoe falling, life will happen, enjoy the moments when things are going well and then you'll have a reserve for the challenging days.  Wishing you peace as you remember the death of your Dad and as for the changing of your relationship with your friends, the only constant in life is change and truthfully, while it's hard to accept when a good friendship changes, that happens a lot, which is a good reason to constantly being open to the opportunity to make new friends.  For me, the past year has been a killer, all my oldest dearest friends are moving to Florida and they are, for the most part, not retirees, but thankfully I continue to cultivate and form new relationships.  So enjoy your memories, things change, but very often, life brings us in a newer and better direction!

Great about your recommitment to yourself and what you know works best healthwise. . .

Hope you have/had a good Sabbath!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Patricia R.
on 9/21/12 7:25 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Laureen,
I am finally posting in the morning.  I had to scoot up to my church to get a Bible study book, which I needed because I missed the study on Monday due to my terrible forgetfulness.  I could go in the morning, but I don't know the morning group as well as the evening group.  Plus, I try to keep the 9:00 slot open for my AA meeting, which I love.  The morning group is fine, but the evening group knows me better, and I feel more open to sharing my prayer needs, which some are very personal at times.

Because I was running late, I was late getting to my AA clubhouse.  All of the handicapped spots were full, and the parking lot is extremely small.  I would have attempted to get a spot, except my tiny Civic is in the shop, and I am driving a huge Dodge Caravan, which I am not keen on backing up to get in and out of that parking lot.  It's a nightmare with the Civic, but I know my car.  So, I will call my sponsee and let her know I am going to a women's meeting this evening.  She's very new and I know she would like this meeting anyway.

I have to leave for volunteer work in about an hour, so I better see what I can do to tidy up around here.  I'm sick with another sinus infection, which is nothing new, but makes me feel lousy all the same.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 9/22/12 4:55 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Trish,

Hope today is a good one!!!

Hugs, Laureen

lynnc99
on 9/21/12 5:07 pm
Well it's hardly morning as I check in here, and Saturday will be a work day for me, but I thought I'd jump in.

Today was a huge "launch" at Apple and I was in before 7 am. Our line began at 6 - the mall allows people in the parking lot at 3 am and they can line up outside the door at 6. And of course we had a line most of the day. But it was great fun - Apple provides food and drink for customers waining in line, and for us including a very nice lunch at a restaurant in our mall. I got to help a lady who was almost totally deaf with her phone, specialized service thru ATT, and got it all figured out and that felt really good. I am loving the Apple "culture" if you know what I mean. 

Lisa, I thought of you as I drove out of work - has Siehara read Marley and Me? She might like it as it takes place largely in the Lehigh Valley. 

After work I got a couple of great bargains. Goodwill here has opened a free standing BOOKSTORE. Yep. They put all of their best quality books in one place. I got 10 books (bindings absolutely new) for under $30 and will use these as part of my Christmas giving. Then I went to the Coach outlet store and got a gift for Sarah for Christmas. Get this. A Coach bag from the "real" boutique store (not one mfd. for the outlet) was 50% off, then 30% off on top of that. I love a great deal and REALLY loved that one! 

Food wise today was a litle carby, but I am still steering away from meat products. They just aren't appealing to me. I had a mozzarella/tomato flatbread for lunch (more like a cracker base than bread), and just some low fat pepperjack tonight. 

Take care everyone!
Laureen S.
on 9/22/12 5:17 am - Maple Shade, NJ
 Lynn,

I thought about you and the day you'd be having, sounds like the environment you work in agrees with you and even though I refuse to buy into Apple, I do like their philosphy on how to treat employees and such.  

Take care and be well. . .

Laureen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views