I gave blood for the first time

Talmani
on 9/13/12 7:56 am, edited 9/13/12 8:10 am - Phoenixville, PA
I donated blood for the first time - I know I am old(er) and should have done it before - when my friend asked why I did it now I think it was because I am no longer ashamed of telling someone my weight! <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
musicaldonna
on 9/13/12 4:48 pm - PA
Congratulations

This is another example of the WOW moments that WLS has given to all of us.  Not only are you so much healthier for taking this step, now you also help numerous people by donating blood.  May this be the first of many pints of life you give to others while you continue to bask in your continued successing.  Take care.

Donna
cleos_mom
on 9/13/12 6:56 pm - phila., PA
 Be very careful, my Dr told me to never give blood again, since. WLS pts have problems with their iron, our bodies do not absorb iron like non WLS people?
it could give u low iron that's what happened to me, I was ti give 2 units of blood for myself, I gave the first unit and my Hgb was only 11 when I came back 2 weeks after to give the 2nd unit they wouldn't take it because my Hgb had not come back up it was only 10, I tried  to get my iron up but it just kept going down down down till I finally needed infusions

LisaAC
on 9/14/12 8:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations!  There are fewer ways to feel better instantly than by giving blood!  You know you are doing something important, which may save a life, and that feels wonderful.  On top of that, I always felt this jolt of physical energy...which may just have come from emotional energy, but, either way, it was nice.

I can't give any more, since having Chronic Lyme, and I miss it.  It took me some years to get the courage to give to begin with and I gave a couple times a year after that first time.  Always felt good about it...I hope you do too!

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views