Terrific Tuesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 9/11/12 7:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning!

Today is my last day of vacation, back to work tomorrow.

It's been nice to be able to relax for a couple days, should have probably taken a couple more days off LOL.

Today I'm washing and getting the house back together from the flurry of activity last week.  It's nice to be able to just sit around - I normally do not do that :)  Gene is working so I have a total day to myself - although I do miss him....

Planning to get outside for a little bit today, Hope you all have a beautiful day....

Ida

IdaMae

jackie M.
on 9/11/12 8:13 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
It's a beautiful day in my neck of the woods here in PA.  Nice and sunny.   Next week, I start my liquid diet..  can't wait.  My knee is getting better each day.  So I am impatiently awaiting for Oct 10 to get here to start  my new life.  

My oldest daughter is getting married on Saturday, can't wait.  I am sooooooo gonna enjoy the day.  it's an outdoor wedding, I hope it doesn't rain until after we get to the reception hall.  I bought a nice top from Bon-Ton for the occasion.  Normally, it would be a 3x, but this one is a 2x.  That I so love. I will be be taking plenty of pics, even of the cake pops I will be making.  I need bout 100 of them..  I can do it.  LOL...   My one passion has been cake decorating....

My friend from WLS Program at Geisinger had her surgery yesterday, she will be going home tomorrow.  Her son said she is doing good and that she will be going home tomorrow.

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

IdaMae D.
on 9/11/12 8:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
congrats on your daughters upcoming nuptuals!  We celebrated my daughter's wedding this past Saturday, it also was outdoor, the rain held off till after the father/daughter dance then the skies opened up.  Fortunately we had a huge tent - saved the day!

I just realized that yesterday was 3 years since my surgery - wow how time flies.  I'm not exactly where I want to be.  Going back to grad school and giving up exercising for 22 months took it's toll on my lowest weight, so now I'm working to get off what I gained. 

Putting the weight aside, I am wearing the size clothes I planned to wear when I decided to have the surgery - I want to get back to the teeny tiny clothes I was wearing prior to grad school, will I who knows.  If I don't I am so much healthier now than I was 3 years ago.  My diabetes is in remission, I'm off all my pre-surgery medications.  Life is good!!!

Ida

IdaMae

jackie M.
on 9/11/12 12:30 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 ty.   When I was in the military, I weighed 145 and wore a size 12 in clothing.  I KNOW the clothing sizes changed since then.  But I want to get back to my Army weight and be healthy again.  

As for my daughter's wedding, I really do not want to see my ex-husband, but...  I'm there for her...  
She was telling me what all was going to be on the menu.. it's like ugh.... heartburn foods...  No problem, I'll take stuff along to shake it..  lol...

IdaMae D.
on 9/11/12 12:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I also have an ex-husband.  For the girls we do what is necessary and remain on friendly terms for our daughters.  My daughter had BBQ foods, it was unique reception reception food and very enjoyable and like you I baked :)

IdaMae

bvohl
on 9/11/12 12:17 pm
 Good Afternoon Ida and Pa,

Ida, I am so glad that you had these last two beautiful days to recover from the wedding and all the madness that brings!! 

Today has been busy but not horrible....hoping the rest of the week is good!!

Have a great one!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jackie M.
on 9/11/12 12:33 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 I hope the rest of the week is good, too.   My son-in-law is on vacation this week so we are not babysitting the 5 yr old grandson this week..  gives a little peace n quiet.  he constantly talks and talks and talks.  It's like he doesn't have an off button on talking.  He will be 6 tomorrow....
Patricia R.
on 9/11/12 12:51 pm - Perry, MI
Greetings Ida and PA,
I had a fun filled busy day in New York yesterday.  My son and his wife are moving from Queens to Manhattan, and I was helping my daughter-in-law with some of the logistics.  

I saw my doctor today, because I have an earache.  He put me on the medrol dose pack, because I have fluid pressing on my eardrum.  Since I've been home, I made some meatballs that I baked, and plan to freeze most.  

I am heading to an AA meeting this afternoon.  Then, I'll be watching the Phillies game tonight.  

I hope everyone had a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 9/11/12 4:07 pm
 Wandering in late in the day here....just to say hello.

Over Labor Day weekend, Mike and I took a 4 day break to visit the kids up in Vermont. GREAT time together but makes me miss him even more. Thankfully work is busy and there is always something to keep my mind occupied (thank you Internet) so I get through it ok. His work situation is very challenging in the fall, this year more than ever.

Coming up in early October I will be headed to PA for a few days with him there. Looking very much forward to that!

I am considering getting a bike. FL is very flat (hooray!) and it might be a nice change of pace for exercise. I see that WalMart now carries Schwinn, and need to investigate that as a possible Christmas gift idea.

Meanwhile, I am back to Jazzercise. I have missed it and need to build it in as a regular part of my life to get the workout routine well established again!
IdaMae D.
on 9/11/12 4:25 pm - Philadelphia, PA
When your in PA in October will you be here long enough for us to get together?

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views