Re-Introducing: Me!

evrblue
on 9/7/12 5:49 pm, edited 9/8/12 9:11 am - McConnellsburg, PA
 Hello Everyone,
Just thought I'd take a moment and reintroduce myself. This is Jen/Evrblue from McConnellsburg, PA. I'm 39, a widow,  beginning my WLS journey again. Had my first 'info' appointment on Thursday and have my first meeting with the surgeon mid October.  My heaviest weight was 347, as of Thursday I'm at 317. 
Had considered surgery back in 2005 but let my husband talk me out of it. He passed away in 2010, and I've decided I can't live another 40 yrs in this body. Nevermind that with all my health issues I'd be lucky to make it another 40 in this shape. I've been changing my eating habits since January with some success. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here. :)

Patricia R.
on 9/7/12 8:33 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Jen,
My condolences on the loss of your husband.  I am sure that was difficult to go through.  Good for you for starting to make some of the changes, and losing 30 pounds already.  

I am Trish, and I had my six year ago August 28, and do not regret it one bit.  I wish I had done it sooner.  

This is a very supportive board, though a little slow lately.  I'm hoping it picks up a little more now that summer vacations are coming to an end.

Hugs,
Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/8/12 6:09 am
Welcome to the PA Board!!

As Trish said this is a GREAT board for support, information and love.

I had my RNY three years ago and it was the best thing I could have done for my health!!

This board is a lifeline for many of us...

So sorry about the loss of your husband.

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

evrblue
on 9/8/12 2:05 am, edited 9/8/12 2:10 am - McConnellsburg, PA
 Thanks so much, Trish and Beth. Yes, losing my hubby was/is horrible and I miss him every single day. However since he's been gone, I've had to come to terms with how much he had to do for me physically at my size. Alone now, it is even more of a struggle.

And I know that I'm not supposed to have "coulda shouldas" but I think about how much more of a life we could have had together if I had been healthy. I was heavy when we married but after 2 knee surgeries I lost most of my mobility, and gained even more weight. I gained 70 lbs in 7 yrs that we were together.

I've been reading folks' stories and profiles, and posts. Lots of inspiration & information :)
IdaMae D.
on 9/10/12 7:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello Jen!  First my condolences for the loss of your hubby.  Welcome to the board. 

Both my hubby and I have had RnY gastric bypass surgery, he January 2006 and me Sept 2009.  I can say for both of us the improvements to our health was/is phenominol!

Again welcome.
Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1887 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1984 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2670 views