HELP! CLOTHING DONATIONS NEEDED

Phillygyrl215
on 9/7/12 8:47 am - PA
Hi everyone, i am currently 6 months out from RNY surgery and have lost alot of weight and the financial strain in my home is tremendous as i am sure  most of our situations are, i am in need of size 18 to 16 clothing, dress clothes for work and casual wear, i was a size 26 and the smallest clothing i have now are a size 22 and literally falling off me, i live in the philadelphia area and was wondering if anyone had any clothes to donate, i cannot believe most of the philly support groups do not have a clothing share. Any help is so greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Patricia R.
on 9/7/12 11:59 am - Perry, MI
While I can't help you with donations, a suggestion that helped me while I was losing was to have some work pants and skirts altered by a home ec teacher in my building.  A tailor or seamstress could do it also, at least till you reach goal weight.  Also, I live in Lower Bucks County, and we have a great Salvation Army Thrift Store on Business Rt. 1 in Fairless Hills where they have half-price Wednesdays.  Some of the business casual stuff is great.  Not sure what part of the Philly area you are from.  

Just a few economical suggestions that have helped me.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Ms. R.
on 9/8/12 9:08 pm - Pottstown, PA
I recommend getting a couple of work pants tailored.  You dont know what size you will end up.  Also do not buy much of anything and always buy cheap stuff.  No need in wasting money on something you may only wear for a month or so.

Its been a journey.

LisaAC
on 9/14/12 8:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi,

I also couldn't afford to buy clothing that was going to be too large the following month, so I know where you're coming from.  A couple suggestions...

First, as I lost weight, what I couldn't give away to folks here or others I knew, I would offer on FreeCycle.  Someone would scoop them up almost before I finished typing my ad!  So, you might put an ad there asking for clothing in the sizes you want.

Second, try thrift shops.  They're everywhere and you can find some fabulous deals - even designer names, for pennies or just a bit more.

Good luck to you!

Lisa

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
jackie M.
on 9/20/12 11:20 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 I can't help you out, but I am a size 22 right  now.  I keep my 24's around, but in a few months, I will be where you are now, sorta.  I have 2 daughters who are both smaller than me and they told me I could borrow their clothes until I hit my goal weight.  My one daughter works for Bon-Ton and she is forever trying to change my clothing styles, so I know she will find sales for me.  I'm a sweater person and I have a lot of sweaters upstairs that are starting to get a bit baggy on me.  I wore those to hide the rolls of fat on my body.  I am hoping to shake that after surgery and to just wear them when it is chilly/cold out...

My current clothing sizes will then be available for those who were wearing bigger clothes and will need 24/22's.  

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views