sunny saturday roll call

IdaMae D.
on 8/25/12 5:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
GM PA!

good news I'm awake, bad news still not feeling well.  Summer colds, need I say more.....

Today is the final fitting for the wedding gown - camera packed, no photos shared till after the wedding.  Shoe shopping this weekend is a must for me.  Need to get two pairs one my normal high sexy heels for the wedding and the photos, the other lower because it is an outdoor wedding and I don't want to kill myself tripping or getting a heel caught in the grass.  I'd love to be able to keep the heels on but know heels, grass, dirt - could be DANGEROUS.

The house it coming together.  The portions we are able to complete are almost ready to live in.  soon I might be able to get all this clutter from the family room, bedroom, and basement kitchen organized.  Two years of unorganization has seriously taken a toll on my.

Work is crazy as usual.  My AVP is on vaca for one more week.  Then we'll see each other for a day, then I'm on vaca for Brianna's wedding. 

While on vacation I need to put all the flowers together for the bridal party, Bri and Brian are having real flowers and I'll be making the others.  I'll also be baking for the sweet table.  Next weekend is the rehearal and rehearsal dinner.  I'll be cooking all the food for that as well.

A busy next few weeks for me...

Hope you all have a wonderful day....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 8/25/12 5:57 am
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Sorry to hear that you have a cold, summer ones are the WORST!! Good luck on the shoe shopping! If you get a chance stop by Kohl's, they have a nice selection of shoes at decent prices! I used to go to the Easy Spirit outlet in Franklin Mills but they closed, so I went to Kohl's and they had some really nice sandals which I desperately needed!! I also found a bunch of clothes there too!!

Today Dee and I are going to the mall to get out of the house. One of my friends is a vendor who is going to be there selling Origami Owl. I have one of their necklaces and I always get complimented on it. It was not that expensive either. Supposedly they are going to have a lot of freebies and giveaways and games for the kids. We will stay until we are tired or bored, whichever comes first!!
It looks like rain today, so off to the mall we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT Saturday!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 8/25/12 7:59 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida, Beth and PA,
Ida, I remember my kids' weddings with joy and love.  I did no cooking or prep for either.  My brother did all the cooking for the reception, and Colleen paid for him to hire his best servers from all the restaurants he worked at to work for him that night in setting the food out for the buffet, serving the head table, and keeping the water and iced tea pitchers full.  Colleen had a dry wedding, because it was held in the church hall of the church we used to attend.  Because a large entourage of in-laws from Michigan were driving in for the wedding, we had the rehearsal dinner in the church hall, and ordered the best pizzas and antipastos from the best Italian restaurant around.  It was going to be informal because most of the groomsmen had to try on their tuxes and my sister-in-law had to alter those that needed it.  Plus, a bunch of us ladies set to work completing the finishing touches on decorating the sanctuary and the hall, and the setting up of the tables.  Those are precious memories.

Sorry for the ramble.  Today I must tidy big time because my dryer broke last night, and I have to call my landlord to get it fixed.  It seems like a minor repair, but we'll see.

Gotta get to work.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views