tentative surgery date

jackie M.
on 8/24/12 1:45 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
I have a tentative date for the week of Sept 17.  

I have my  Pre-Surgical Visit on Mon the 27th.   and I see my sergeon again the same day.

My one daughter is getting married on the 15th... I need to be 100% for it.  So i said to my nutritionist today and the surgeon's secretary that I don't want my surgery before the 15th.  I don't want to be sore and in recovery for her wedding.  

I am so happy..... I can't wait....

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Patricia R.
on 8/24/12 7:31 am, edited 8/24/12 7:32 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations.

Of course you want to be on top of your game for your daughter's wedding day.  Plus, you don't want to be on a liquid diet that day either.  I would have done the same thing for one of my kids' wedding.  

As it is, Barix tried to schedule my surgery for the week my whole family, brothers, sister, and all our kids went on vacation with my Mom to surprise her with an early 80th birthday party.  Her birthday is September 6th, when my daughter and I returned to our teaching jobs, so we decided to surprise Mom with a birthday party.  We had both my sons take her into Gettysburg, we were staying in a cabin at Caledonia State Park, which is gorgeous, and the houses are fully equipped with ceiling fans and dishes and carpeting and showers.  So while Mom was in Gettysburg, we decorated the dining room with crepe paper streamers and balloons, and had ordered a cake from the Walmart bakery, and cooked a barbecue of steak and baked potatoes.  My surgery was a little more than a week later.

Keep us posted on all your prep and ask all the questions you want.  I know I did.  I got so much help at the Pre-Op Support Group at Barix and the PA board I had no anxiety the day of my surgery.  Mom and Sis were a basket case in the waiting room, but I was cool as a cucumber.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 8/24/12 6:35 pm
GREAT NEWS!!!

Good idea to wait until after the wedding!

Good luck with everything and like Trish said, please ask any questions you want, we are here to do our best to make sure that you are well educated and feel at ease with your decision!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jackie M.
on 8/24/12 8:30 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 I will be on the liquids for her wedding, and that I do not care.  

This has been a 6 yr battle for me to get this done and it's finally coming to an end.  

Thank you for the support.  I told hubby that I wanted my laptop up at the hospital with me.  I know I will get bored, and with boredome comes trouble.  lol....

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Talmani
on 8/25/12 5:50 am - Phoenixville, PA
Good luck!
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
LisaAC
on 8/25/12 9:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations on your re-birthday date!

Lisa

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
jackie M.
on 8/25/12 4:08 am, edited 8/26/12 1:38 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 TY...

It's not far from my real birthday, which is Nov 6.  Wow, 2 birthdays, means I can have 2 birthday parties...   I love this concept..  lol

My highest weight was 284.5 on New years weekend... so I redid my little bar to show what I did so far this year.  I made a resolution that I was going to be 50 lbs lighter by my birthday.  Looks like I will make that...

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views