I should know better

lynnc99
on 8/19/12 6:11 am
 Actually I DO know better.

But the old habit was staring me down the other day. And I didn't want to cook.

So I ate cereal for dinner. Cereal. In a bowl with milk. 

Oh. My. God. 

If you ever hear me even THINKING of that again....remind me that I felt like crap, teetered on the edge of a full out dump, and ended up having to sleep it off. 

Testing the limits....not a wise move. 
musicaldonna
on 8/19/12 7:17 am - PA
Lynn,

Cut yourself a break.  At three years out we all have our slips but you came here and posted about it.  It's good to know that your tool is doing what it is supposed to do and now you have a strong physical memory to help avoid this in the future.  Just think what could have happened if you didn't have any reaction.  You might have thought that it wasn't so bad and in a pinch you could do it again.  Take a deep breath and realize that you made a mistake and will think twice about doing it the next time.  Be gentle with yourself - you deserve it.  Take care.

Donna
bvohl
on 8/19/12 3:12 pm
Donna,

I couldn't agree more!!

Lynn, you are definitely a success story and a good friend! I did something similar the other night, I remember the feeling like crap and I DON'T want to feel that way again! It is nice that our tool reminds us!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 8/20/12 5:54 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Sooner or later, we all make those mistakes, thinking it won't happen at this point in the game plan, so here's a suggestion, keep one of those cereals that won't make you dump on hand. . . Hi-Lo comes to mind, which is the cereal Kristine brought to the meeting a while back and the one we recently discussed at the meetings, I do believe you can order it from Netrition. . .  it is a high protein cereal, there is also a good weight management oatmeal with extra protein and add a little skim milk and you get about 17 grams of good for you protein and fiber too!!!

Just hate that feeling you experienced and I can say it makes me do the right thing more often than not, because you just never know when it will be brought on, my general rule of thumb is 10 grams or less of sugar (not fruits), if there is a chance, as there was the other night when I went to Rita's with my friend and they did not have a sugar free option I could enjoy, I forego the experience. . .  but sometimes, the price is pretty awful. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 8/20/12 10:01 am
 I've played around with the carbs too much in the last few days.

Last night I waited too long to eat, and ended up munching on wheat thins. Now, I haven't touched a wheat thin since....forever. And it knocked me out. I was sleepy, heart racing, and in a carb coma that put me into the "not worth much" category. 

I just can't mess around with this suff, I tell ya. Good lessons learned. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views