Very new to the process-What should I expect?

LoisLane419
on 8/13/12 2:21 pm - PA
Hello. I just set up my 1st appointment for the information seminar with Dr. Harrison at Lehigh Valley Hospital. My mother had Gastric Bypass 2 years ago at John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore and I attended every appointment with her. I have tried many diets, been on phentermine numerous times. Is there still a 6 month waiting period for the surgery?

Sara E.
on 8/13/12 7:02 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
 Yup

Patricia R.
on 8/14/12 4:47 am - Perry, MI
Hi Lois,
The waiting period depends on your insurance.  I was fortunate enough to have my surgery before my insurance company required the waiting period.  The best thing to do is ask your doctor's office about that.  They communicate directly with your insurance company and they can tell you.  Or call your insurance company's customer service directly.  

Feel free to ask us any other questions.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 8/14/12 5:25 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi,

Welcome and as for your question, it depends on the insurance provider's requirements, as well as the place you have chosen to have surgery.  Some places move quicker than others, but sometimes insurance companies want 6 months of doctor supervised diet before they will ok the procedure, also there are often various pre-op testings that are required to obtain clearance from the point of surgeon's want to know that you don't have any issues that would cause a problem when you are on the operating table.

Best wishes, since your Mom has done this before you, you have some knowlege of what to expect.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views