Wednesday Roll Call

bvohl
on 8/7/12 9:49 pm
Good Morning PA!!!

It is a good morning because I got a good nights rest in MY bed!!! I am ready to tackle the day!!!

Have some errands to do, but NO laundry for now. Finished the last load last night.

One of my furbabies is not feeling well. He has been sneezing alot, sleeping alot more, and not eating. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow, or if they have a cancellation today I will go right over. He did eat a little this morning so that is a good sign. The rest of the day is up in the air, and that is ok with me!!

Just wanted to wish Lynn M a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It was nice to see you, but I still miss you!!!

What are up to today??

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 8/7/12 10:56 pm
 Well last night was MY night to not sleep well. I was up at 2:30 reading the Oprah magazine!

Busy day - we have painters working in the house so I have no TV or Internet for another day or two (this post brought to you courtesy of free wifi at McDonalds). This is the end of home improvement for a good while for me, but I'm glad to get it done!

Working today 11-4, then spending the evening with the teenage girls from church - they meet every Wed. and I am one of their program leaders. Very fun! Took 3 of them out for frozen yogurt yesterday, and we browsed around Kohl's a little while. They ended up trying on clothes and laughing a lot. 

And on a lark, I returned to Kohls after dropping them off...I'd spotted a pair of jeans that were a totally great deal but had little hope they would fit. But - HALLELUJAH! Levis straight legs, size 11 jr. - marked down from $48 to $4.80. Yep, 90% off and they FIT. The low cut means I need a longish shirt, but no problem. In fact, I am wearing a $6 starter t shirt from Walmart men's department this morning, along with those jeans. So my total outfit right now cost $11. LOL! Love it.  

My weight is still sitting firmly at 167. I wi**** was 157. I'm not exercising for about a dozen reasons, and think my best course of action will be to simply cancel my gym membership (not enamored of the place) and return to Jazzercise, which has a lot of local classes here and is how I whittled off a lot of weight during my period of greatest loss. Even if I tone up, I'll be much happier. And jazzercise can work up a good sweat, and uses current music that I really like. So next stop online will be to register, I believe! Off I go....

Happy day to all of you!
lynnc99
on 8/7/12 10:58 pm
 And I admit it, I am a year older today.

Not feeling "old-ish" though. Feeling like life is good and counting my blessings every day.
Laureen S.
on 8/7/12 11:41 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Happy Birthday Lynn, it's great feeling younger than your years and now looking it too!!!  Congrats on those size 11 jr. jeans. . .  hope to get back in the 160s soon. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 8/8/12 2:10 am - Perry, MI
 Happy Birthday, Lynn.  
I understand about not feeling old.  Now that I can go outside with my grandchildren and kick the soccer ball, or sit on the ground with them, I am grateful for all that the Lord has done in my life, especially with my weight loss.

God bless.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 8/7/12 11:47 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Beth, PA Friends,

Glad to read that you had a good night's rest and hope your kitty is ok. . .  tough when our furbabies get sick mostly cause they can't tell us what's wrong :(

My day is just another work day, noontime AA meeting, after work, home to hang with my furbaby. . .

A very non-exciting day for sure ;)  But after the events of late, I'll take it!

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Patricia R.
on 8/8/12 2:25 am - Perry, MI
Happy Wednesday Beth and PA,
Beth, I'm sorry about your furbaby.  Utley was so sick over the weekend I had to take him to the emergency vet.  I worried about him for days, till the antibiotic kicked in.  He still isn't eating much, coz the antibiotic upsets the tummy.

Well, today, I made it to my 9:00 a.m. meeting.  Then, I spent a small fortune at Giant supermarket.  Now, I am crashing till I get hungry enough for lunch.  I don't have much of an appetite right now.  Plus, I'm trying to shake a headache.  This afternoon, I have to take a short ride to the other side of Bristol to check out a campaign office.  I also have a few bags of non-perishables in my car to bring in and put away.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Diane W.
on 8/8/12 4:11 am

Hello all,
Hope your furbaby feels better. I know when my pup is not feeling well I am a mess!
HaPPY Birthday to Lynn!
As for me, I had my cardiac workup yesterday and got the call today from the doc that all is good with my heart and he is clearing me for surgery. I then called Barix as the cardiac doc said he already faxed the report to them but they said it was not yet in my flie. She also couldnt tell me yet if Dr. Medivetz is going to do my surgery or not but might have an answer tomorrow. A little frustrated by not being able to move forward but I guess when the time is right it will happen! I have also lost 13 lbs according to my scale so I am grateful for that, I know the more I lose prior to the surgery the better off I will be during and after!!
Have a good rest of the day,
Diane

Laureen S.
on 8/8/12 5:45 am, edited 8/8/12 5:45 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Diane,

Sounds like things are moving. . . the process leading up to surgery can be frustrating at times and being proactive as you did by following-up is a very good thing, the noisy wheel, gets the oil. . .before you know it, you will be sharing that you've got a date and the nervous anticipation sets in. . . it was just about this time 5 years ago that I got the call with my date of surgery, it was sooooo exciting to know that I was about to be a bona fide member of the Loser's bench. . . anyway, good for you that you are losing weight, as you said that is a plus and it means you are already embracing change for your future. . .

Take care and have a great day, looking forward to hearing about your surgery date!

Laureen

Diane W.
on 8/8/12 6:04 am
 Thanks Laureen, I figured that if I was committed to this lifestyle change that it would be best to begin the journey now and get my body and mind prepared. I am also going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week to increase my physical strength and endurance for the surgery and early recovery!! Love reading this board, gives me a lot of hope!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views