Terrific Tuesday Roll Call

bvohl
on 8/6/12 10:29 pm
GM PA!!

I stepped out early this morning and was pleasantly surprised by the cooler temps outside!! It means fall is not that far away! Fall is my favorite season (not just because it is when my birthday is), but the cooler temps, the leaves falling, etc...

I accomplished a lot yesterday. Did four loads of laundry, cleaned the upstairs bathroom and downstairs powder room, vaccuumed, etc. Does that count as exercise?!?!? I was moving, right??

Today is more of the same. I will be taking a nap since I could not sleep last night! I didn't fall asleep until after 2am watching TV on the recliner. It seems the recliner is where I fall asleep the best! I have a sleep number bed, so I SHOULD be able to fall asleep easily there!?!? Oh well...

So, what are you up to today??

Hope everyone is ok, haven't seen the usual peeps post lately

Have a great day!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 8/6/12 10:37 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Beth, PA Friends. . .

I am back to work, after a 3-day weekend, a weekend, that as you may already be aware of, was not quite the way I planned it to be, but thankfully, it worked out ok, even though, as I stated in my post on "Whatcha Eating Today" I think it all caught up to me yesterday, as I felt extremely drained, however, in spite of being drained, I went home, did laundry, cleaned out closets and drawers with some items that I doubt I will wear again that others can use, so I have a nice bag of clothing I will donate to a woman's halfway house here in Delaware, also did some other cleaning, Tony came down, we had dinner and then I went to bed at 9:30, did not wake up until 6:03 this morning. . .  so it's a work day for me, noontime AA meeting is on the schedule, then after work, visiting with my friend who lives in the halfway house and then home to have dinner and spend time with the Foxie Roxie girl. . .

Btw, house cleaning is an activity and can burn substantial calories, depending on what it is, as is mowing and yardwork. . .

As for your sleeping?  Did you or do you have sleep apenea?  cause that could be your problem and why lying down is harder for you to be able to fall asleep. . .  just wondering out loud. . .

Ok, so that's all, hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 8/7/12 12:30 am

Laureen,

I do have sleep apnea and I still use my machine. I think I drank caffeine too late in the day and that might have caused me not to fall asleep. I have been trying on and off to see how not using the machine affects me. Well, when I don't use it, I feel out of sorts and tired. So, I am using it again!

Good to know that house cleaning is exercise! I have to do more today!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 8/6/12 11:51 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Beth and PA,
As muc as you like Fall, I hate it.  I buried my father, brother, and father-in-law in October, all different years.  Dad died in 1977, Father-in-law in 1978, and Neil in 2006, right after my RNY.  I always fight depression that time of year.  Summer is my favorite season.

Well, today, I am heading to help out with a food pantry my church operates.  We've had one at my church's campus for years.  Now, they are opening one in Bristol, where I live, at a church I used to attend.  

Before that, I have an orthopedist appointment for neck and shoulder pain I have had off and on since I fell in December.  Hopefully, he'll order an MRI.  

Have a blessed day everyone.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views