Ricotta Apple Pancake Recipe. . .

Laureen S.
on 7/19/12 8:43 am - Maple Shade, NJ
At Barix last night, one of the gals who is stuck in a rut with her breakfast asked for suggestions and I mentioned these, Lynn has asked me to post the recipe. . .so here it is

Ingredients:

4 eggs (3 separated, 1 whole)
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 cup of grated apple (I use granny smith)
1/4 cup of whole wheat or any flour (I use brown rice flour to share with my gluten sensitve roomie)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice or cinnamon

Separate the 3 eggs, beating the egg whites until stiff and put aside, grate apple.  Combine yolks, the one whole egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and apple just until blended.  Fold in egg whites.  Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat medium-low.  Drop 1/4 cup of batter and coo****il golden brown, turning once.

I have added 1 sometimes 2 scoops of protein powder for extra protein punch and also nuts (chopped almonds or pecans)

Each 3 inch pancake is about 90 to 110 calories depending on what you add, I think it's about 9 or 10 grams of protein, have to look it up on my recipe calculator and I believe I got this recipe, originally from one of Liz' cooking class postings.

They are oh so yummy. . .  Enjoy

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 7/19/12 10:33 pm
 Thank you Laureen!!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views