Saturday Roll Call

bvohl
on 7/13/12 11:34 pm
GM PA!!

It has been awhile since I posted. With the summer job I just do not have time!! Only two and a half more weeks, then SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is my Mom's birthday. I want to go to see her today, but it is getting harder and harder to go there. Both of my folks are not doing well. My Dad refuses to get out of bed and my mom has been dehydrated....OY! If I don't go today I will go tomorrow since it is my parents wedding anniversary, 45 years together!! I know I need to go since I have no idea how much longer they will be here, but it isn't easy!

I also am planning on going to Kohl's to spend my Kohl's cash!! I want to look for a new comforter and pillows for my bed along with some summer clothes.

Then the usual laundry, cleaning, etc...it NEVER ends!!!

Have a great day!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 7/14/12 1:50 am - PA
Good morning Beth and PA,

I usually can not get on the computer until late but today no one is home so here I am.  Sorry about the health situation with your parents.  My dad will be dead 19 years in December but my mom is still very active at 81.  I am so grateful for that.  She puts me to shame with all she does daily.  As I say - no grass grows under her feet.  She even goes down Cape May with me to do volunteer work in the summer.  That has been a nice bonding time for us and something that just the two of us share.  

On my agenda for today is food shopping, laundry and cleaning my bedroom.  I have a huge pile of clothes on my chair that are too small for me.  They have been sitting there for 2months and everytime I look at them I could cry.  I have decided that enough is enough with the self torture.  I need to continue to eliminate the negative and focus on the positive.  I came across some pictures of myself from 5 years ago and was amazed that I was in such denial as to my obesity.  Irregardless of my weight gain I am still much better off than I was before my surgery.  I saw my doctor yesterday for the first time in 15 months and was really worried that she would be angry about the weight I have put on.  She was super.  My blood pressure was phenomenal and she concurred that my life is so much better now than it was before WLS.  

Sorry for the long windedness.  I am going to write out a plan of things that I need to get done before I leave for Cape May on 7/24.  A lot of that deals with filling out and returning job applications to Trader Joe's and Barnes and Noble.  I am also lining up some Catholic schools to submit my resume to so I can be put on their substitue lists.  The pity party is over and I need to get into action mode.  Hope that everyone has a good day and I am forever grateful for this board.

Donna 
lynnc99
on 7/14/12 12:38 pm
 Donna, I love what you said about the "self torture." How many years upon years have we done htat with clothes in our closets that wouldn't fit. Less is more. Stick with a few things that fit well and be done with it!

Also - good for you for moving ahead with the job applications. Let me toss a word in about working for Apple Retail. Extremely cool, lots of learning, and great work environment. You get to teach every day, just in a different mode. 
Patricia R.
on 7/14/12 2:47 am - Perry, MI
Good Afternoon Beth,
I'm sorry it's so hard to visit your folks.  I struggle with seeing my Mom, because she is always picking fights with me.   My Dad's been gone since 1977.  He only held my daughter a few times when she was an infant and toddler.  He never knew any of his other grandchildren.  I was barely 20 years old at the time of his death, and my baby brother was 11 years old.  I envy anyone whose father is still alive.  As for my Mom, she is a go getter.  She is always busy, going thrift store shopping, volunteering at the VA hospital a block from her house.  

Today, I am heading out to an AA meeting in an hour.  I also have laundry to fold and put away, and tidying to do.  

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

Hugs,
Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views