The pledge

jastypes
on 7/12/12 11:01 pm - Croydon, PA
Just for today, I will try very hard not to eat past my full point.  I had an issue last night.  I have Reactive Hypoglycemic, and a couple hours after my sushi dinner, my vision got narrow, I felt drunk (which I now HATE HATE HATE), and my legs got week.  I thought I was having an RH episode, so I grabbed a bowl of cereal and wolfed it down.  But instead of feeling better, I started to feel way worse.  I got seriously hot -- like it felt like my temp was 500 degrees.  And then I was sweating.  I am always cold, and rarely sweat.  Even in that 100 degree heat, I was sleeping with the ceiling fan and no AC.  But yesterday my eyes were sweating, my nose, upper lip, armpits -- hell, even my knees were sweating.

It took a few minutes, but then I realized what it was -- a freakin' HOT FLASH.  This menopause crap is not for sissies!  I had to lay down after that.  My heard was racing and took quite a while to return to normal.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 7/12/12 11:47 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
LOL. . .  not laughing at you, but because of the symptoms. . . my own experience with them is one where I was at work, got up from my desk to do something, was dizzy, heart palpitations, sweating profusely and this was 10 or so years ago when I weighed about 230 lbs., so I go to the hospital because with my family history I was sure it was a heart attack, 1.5 days later, after having my blood drawn every so many hours, because that's how they determine if you've had a heart attack and sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the markers to show up in your bloodstream, enduring the ER, actually having a person die in the next area, because there were no rooms upstairs for me, the doctor told me that in all likelihood it was a hot flash, as it can mimic symptoms of a heart attack for those who've never had one. . . I felt like a total idiot until about a week or two later, Oprah had a show about it and she experienced the exact same thing I did. . .

Nope, not for sissies, but thankfully, I have not had many, seems since I had my surgery I've had more than I did the entire time prior, but usually happens in the summer when it is extremely hot. . .

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 7/12/12 11:49 pm - Croydon, PA

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

Blessings, Jill

Georgianne Z.
on 7/18/12 8:44 pm - NC
 Ok, I had the exact same thing happen the other night!  I thought I was a reaction to something I ate. I thought there had to way to cool down. It was like my body was on fire.  

You are not alone. Menopause.  I can't beleive it! 

What you are, is God's gift to you.  What you make of yourself, is your gift to God.

jastypes
on 7/18/12 11:09 pm - Croydon, PA
Seriously!!!!!

Blessings, Jill

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views