Good news

Sara E.
on 7/10/12 9:18 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
 I had a favorable report at the drs today. I am healing up slowly but surely from my plastics 3 weeks ago and I get to go back to work on Monday. I will have to take it easy, but it will be great to be back at work. 
-Sara
lynnc99
on 7/10/12 11:12 am
 Sara, just curious what you had done. Best wishes for your recovery!
Sara E.
on 7/10/12 3:37 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
 Last year I had the corset trunkplasty and medial thigh plasty. Then a week later I had emergency laparoscopic surgery to save my life. I had an internal hernia and a bleeding ulcer in the top of my pouch with a pulsating arterial mass behind it. Well the emergency surgery compromised some of the plastics. So- this year I had a reverse fleur-de-lis to correct the stretched skin issue. They removed a piece about the size of a landscape piece of paper to make it all a-ok. I now have a fantastic saggy skin free flat abdomen.  I Never in a million years thought I would have one of those. I can't wait to be all healed up. Getting rid of the extra skin was so worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Any other questions, just ask. That is what this board is all about. Is asking questions and supporting each other on this fantastic journey for the rest of our lives to keep us on the straight & narrow.

-Sara :)
lynnc99
on 7/11/12 12:27 am
 I am looking at some facial plastic surgery, which I believe will be a simpler recovery. I have a lot of skin on the neck area and - oddly - around my eyelids because of the fat deposits that had settled there in past days.

The tummy tuck would be nice....but I am just not "there" for a lengthy recovery. I mostly look ok with clothes on, so that will do it for me...for now!
Sara E.
on 7/11/12 1:38 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
 Lynn
I will either be getting information on  an extended neck lift (~6k) or total face lift (~8k) during my next follow up appt in Sept.   The saggy turkey neck makes me look old. I will most likely stay with the same dr. I may get a consult & estimate from 1 other that was recommended too. Good luck. Let me know what info you get.  It will help me withy decision.
Thanks
Sara
lynnc99
on 7/11/12 1:52 am
 Sara I had a consult appointment in Harrisuburg with Dr. Gaynor who specializes in facial plastics. He recommended a MACS lift, which is less invasive than the old fashioned face lift but would yield the results I am looking for in the neck and jawline. The eyelid procedure is separate. It is a one day outpatient surgery procedure, and I would be back out in public inside of a week. I can deal with that!
Sara E.
on 7/11/12 2:40 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Lynn,
Thanks for the info.  I will see if this is an option for what I need.
sara
Laureen S.
on 7/10/12 10:49 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Great to hear Sara, enjoy the last of your recovery time at home and so happy you are pleased with the results, even with the end results not being fully realized.

Enjoy!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sara E.
on 7/10/12 11:19 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
 Laureen
Thanks. I mortgaged my house last year to pay for it. It was a huge decision and financial burden - but so very worth it for me. I am lucky to have an immediate family and close friends who may not always agree with my choices- but who support me, no matter what. I am truly blessed to have them all. 
Sara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views