Hello from Morrisville, PA

Butterz725
on 7/5/12 4:22 am - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Thank you Beth!!! I wish my doctor at the time would have given me that same advice; it probably would have saved me 6 years of pain & trouble!! But, lesson learned & I can't do anything but move forward from here!!

jojomoe523
on 7/6/12 5:57 am - PA
welcome! i'm a morrisville girl myself. i also had my sleeve at rwj. they are awesome over there! good luck with things. you should come to the support over at barix by oxford valley mall...they let any one come there. my doctor was in jersey and i didn't care for his support group.

Butterz725
on 7/6/12 1:30 pm - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Thanks!! I will most definitely be interested in checking out one of the support groups. When do they meet??

bvohl
on 7/6/12 8:43 pm

Ty,

We are having a meeting today at Barix from 11-1:30! We usually meet on the first Saturday of the month from 11-1:30 and the third Wednesday of the month from 7-9pm.

You are more than welcome to come!!

Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Butterz725
on 7/7/12 1:54 am - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Okay, thanks!!!

I can't make it today as we are having sort of a mini family reunion at my mother's house, but I will be making the next one

Patricia R.
on 7/7/12 11:08 am - Perry, MI
 Hey there,
I am Trish, and I went into my first consult asking for the lap band, and my surgeon encouraged me to do the RNY.  Back then, he did them open, and I still went ahead with it, because I trusted him, and I believed I was in good hands.  I was right.  He is the best surgeon in the world.

My sister got a lap band two years ago, and has had trouble with it.  I think she is in communication with a surgeon at RWJ as well, because she works in Trenton.

As has been said before, I would have this surgery again in a heartbeat.  I have not reached goal, because of some unhealthy choices I made one year out.  I see my surgeon in November, and plan to discuss my current weight loss, to see if I am back to headed in the right direction.  

I wish you the best of luck as you wait for your surgery.  Oh, my daughter's birthday is July 25.  She turns 36 this year.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Butterz725
on 7/8/12 8:41 am - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Hi Trish

I definitely feel/felt your sister's pain; I would never discourage anyone from the lap band because it DOES work for some, but I'm SOOO glad it's out of me!!!

I hope you get the answers you are looking for when you go see your surgeon; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Wish my birthday buddy a happy birthday from me lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views