Hello from Morrisville, PA

Butterz725
on 7/4/12 12:36 pm - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Hello everyone,

My name is Ty; I am a 31 year old wife and a mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter. I had my band removed 6/19/12 (after almost 6yrs of complications) & will be getting sleeved on July 24th, the day before my 32nd birthday. Nice birthday gift to myself huh, lol??

I have to say, there are times where I am mentally kicking myself in the ass for even considering this surgery. But then I think of all the benefits & even though I'm scared outta my mind, I know I am gonna go through with this, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

I have been the fat girl all my life & it's time things change. The man I marrried almost 8 years ago is, in my opinion, the most wonderful & supportive husband a girl could ask for. We are planning on renewing our vows on our 10th anniversary & I sure as hell plan on looking & feeling WAY better than I did the day we got married lol.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to come by & introduce myself & to congratulate the people who have already went through with the surgery & to help encourage those like me in the pre-op stages. I hope to talk to some of you soon!!!

lynnc99
on 7/4/12 9:24 pm
 Ty, welcome to the PA board! Sorry that yu had such difficulties with the band. 

You will find plenty of support from the "fat girls" and guys on this board. We've been there, done that. 

Pre op was probably the hardest stage for me because I had a long wait for insurance approval, and I am not a patient person by nature. All the pre op clearances took a while, as well. I opted for RNY at my doctor's recommendation, and lost 105 lbs. at my lowest weight. I now hover at about 90-95 lbs. lost. In the long run, I have learned to deal with food prety successfully. My exercise WAS fantastic but I've now relocated to FL and am searching for the "perfect" gym....hoping I find it this afternoon, in fact!
Butterz725
on 7/5/12 12:43 am - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Thank you lynnc99!!!

I'm also finding myself being a little bit impatient lol. Even though my surgery is less than 3 weeks away, it feels like FOREVER!!! I've been cleared by 3 doctors so far but this is a long process. I don't remember it being this long for the lap band.

Good luck finding a new home gym today!!! I plan on re-joining a gym so that I can not only look good after surgery, but feel good  

jastypes
on 7/5/12 12:37 am - Croydon, PA
Welcome, Ty!  I think you've made a wonderful decision for yourself.  I know I would have my surgery again in a heart beat, and I'm 5+ years out.  Still the best thing I've ever done!  Pre-op jitters are common and normal.  We ALL had them.  Wonderful of you to come here for encouragement!!!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Butterz725
on 7/5/12 12:46 am - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
@ jastypes: I just want the jitters to go away lol. I have heard a lot of people on this site say the same thing you did, that they would have the surgery again. I'm young & I have so much to live for, especially my daughter. I'm doing this for her just as much as I'm doing it for myself. Have to set the example somewhere along the line!!! Thank you for welcoming me, I feel like family already lol.

Lisa H.
on 7/5/12 12:38 am - Whitehall, PA
 Welcome Ty... so strange how many stories of failed bands I have heard, but then so many stories of successful ones.  I don't know much about it and why or why not they are successful.  In your case, I'm glad you were able to find a great birthday present to give yourself in the revision to the sleeve. 

Personally, I am 3 yrs and almost 5 months out from lap RNY.  I have struggled for the past 2 years to keep off the 70 lbs I lost.  I have an appt on 7/27 to discuss some sort of revision.  The dr did an endoscope last year and found that my stoma stretched.  I followed a back to basics program he recommended and still have not lost any more weight.  So, back to him I go to see if we can get the revision approved.  He said that he can go in with a scope and make my stoma smaller again.  I really hope he can do it so I can get this last 40 lbs off.

Best of luck with your revision... where are you having it done?  I'm glad you have support at home.  That is so important!

Keep us informed of your progress! 

My tracker

hers 

Butterz725
on 7/5/12 12:52 am - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Thank you Lisa!!

I recently went to a WLS support group & I have also heard good stories about the band. One lady lost over 100lbs with it. I guess it just works different for everyone because for all of the good stories I've heard, I've also heard the bad about the band, besides my own of course lol. My mom is actually considering the band; even though it wasn't successful for me, I still support my mom's decision to get it done. Different strokes for different folks, right lol?

I will be having my revision July 24th at RWJ in Hamilton, NJ & the wait & anticipation is killing me slowly!!! I'm on this site at least 3 times a day looking at the before/after pics for motivation & looking at them makes me even MORE anxious lol.

What is the lap RNY?? I have never heard of that one before. In any case, I wish you the best of luck & I'll be crossing my fingers that your revision is approved!!!

Lisa H.
on 7/5/12 12:55 am - Whitehall, PA
 lap RNY is just laparoscopic roux-en-y.. better known as gastric bypass done laparoscopically

My tracker

hers 

Butterz725
on 7/5/12 12:58 am - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Oh wow lol I just had the biggest brain fart!! I can't believe I missed that; for some reason I was thinking a combination lap band/RNY

bvohl
on 7/5/12 1:16 am
 Welcome to the PA Board Ty!!

I am so glad that you are on your way to a healthier, happier you!!!

I am 3 years out from RNY and I am so thankful for the tool!!! It is funny that you had the lap band first because when I went in for my initial consultation I was thinking lap band too! My doctor told me that I had too much weight to lose and that RNY was the better alternative. She was SO right!! 

Good luck to you! The jitters are totally normal and to be expected at this point.

Keep us updated on your progress. Any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get on here and ask!! There are so many of us who have information to share!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views