Post-Op Post EARLY Thursday Morning

Lauren_E
on 6/27/12 3:23 pm
Good (early) Morning, Pennsylvania!

First I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Beth and Maura and Mike for coming to see me at Barix this week. It really means so much to know that I have your support on this journey! Thanks, Beth for posing an update on my surgery! Thanks, Jackie for your supportive words! And everyone else who has entertained my sometimes silly questions and concerns, thank you!! Dennis and Beth, Cherish, and Lisa... Thank you for your kind word and kudos! Steff, thanks for keeping an eye on my girl at camp while I'm laid up for a while. 

I'm posting from my iPhone (pls excuse typo*****tuation errors and incorrect spellings) from my bed on the post-op floor as I'm "enjoying" a 3rd night here compliments of a lazy colon. Hopefully I will be discharged tomorrow.

I cannot say more about Dr. Marymor and all of the staff at Barix.  I'm so very grateful and impressed.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow - fingers are crossed that I can go home. 

I will check in soon - on a laptop or iPad..

Have and excellent Thursday!

Lauren 

Have an excellent Thursday!

Lauren

lynnc99
on 6/27/12 9:46 pm
 Barix is fantastic, for sure. Glad to hear that you got that extra night - you are right where you need to be (although the scenery on those walks is a bit limited, we know). 

Take wonderful care of yourself and keep sipping, sipping, sipping and walking, walking, walking! Wishing you a smooth-as-silk recovery!
musicaldonna
on 6/27/12 9:46 pm - PA
Lauren,

I also needed to spend an extra night at Barix when I had my surgery.  It was the best thing for me.  The nurses are absolutely the best in the world.  Hope that you get sprung today.  Good luck as you begin the next important chapter in your life.  Take care.

Donna
Laureen S.
on 6/27/12 10:19 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Lauren,

Glad to read your post and that your spirits are high and that you've gotten a great welcome to the Loser's Bench by the many who've been on it for a time now. 

I look forward to seeing less of you when you come to support group meetings ;)

Hope you get sprung today and that all goes well as you progress through the many wonderful post-op experiences.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 6/28/12 12:07 am
 GM Lauren,

You are so welcome! I remember being in the hospital post op and those visits really meant a lot!! It can be overwhelming especially the first couple of weeks. I am glad that you are doing well and one more day in the hospital is no big deal especially if they feel that you need to be monitored. 

Welcome to the loser's bench! I look forward to seeing and hearing about all of your WOW moments to come!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 6/28/12 2:24 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations Lauren, and welcome to the Losers' Bench.
I know how you feel about everyone's support and encouragement.  It is what got me through my first year, and is what is getting me through even today.  I hope you are sipping and walking, as they do encourage you to do so.  It's such a vital piece of post-op care, not just for the exercise, but to help your digestive system get moving, and keep the circulation going.  

So glad you checked in.  I had my own surgery, sinus and nose straightening, on Monday, so I have been preoccupied myself this week.  That did not keep me from praying for you, as I well remember how I could not have gotten through my surgery without prayers and encouragement.

Keep checking in as you are able.

Hugs,
Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 6/28/12 3:58 am - Whitehall, PA
 Glad to hear from ya Lauren and I know from what I've heard about Barix, you are in the best hands anywhere!!!

Looking forward to sharing your journey!

My tracker

hers 

jackie M.
on 6/28/12 7:32 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 Glad to see you are doing well despite the colon.  What do they expect?  They say shake it for xx days, then liquids for xx days...  I don't think there would be anything there to push through..  lol...  

Any typos, WE can decypher anything.  

It's great that you are taken care of while your stay at Barix.  I hope my stay is as good as yours.  Really, I hope I get to stay longer than overnight.  My place is like a zoo.  

I pray that you can go home tomorrow...
Lauren_E
on 6/29/12 9:25 am
Hiya! Thanks for your kind words. My stay at Barix was AMAZING... I cannot say enough about everyone there and I could not have asked for more. I came home yesterday and today am having trouble trying to take it easy (although I am)... I feel THAT good...  Only 5 days out, and I feel like I definitely made the right choice for me.  I hope that you're surgery goes as well as mine seems to have.

When and where is your surgery going to be?

L
Barbi468
on 7/1/12 10:46 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
:), I wish there was a "like" button on these posts.
I am glad to hear your out and doing great. Take it easy, as hard as it may be. Keep us posted on your weightloss.
I can't wait for mine.
Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views