Psych Eval coming up

jackie M.
on 6/24/12 11:44 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 My psych eval is this Friday.  I HATE shrinks..  I am afraid of getting a yellow or red light..

I know I will start talking about a lot of issues from being abuse as a kid, abused by my first hubby, and other things....  I don't want to talk about that stuff....  I just wanna talk about me with the surgery and my progress.....   BUT being on depression pills.... they will ask, right??  

I has asked my oldest daughter IF she could see a difference since I started losing weight.  I have noticed some differences, like my face is a bit thinner and in the hips....    SO I wanted to check to see IF she noticed it to... but I didn't tell her what I thought till after she said I looked thinner in the hips area.  She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  proud of me in my quest.  

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

bvohl
on 6/25/12 4:26 am
 They are mostly going to ask you general questions. They will ask you if you feel psychologically ready for the life change. I would agree to not discuss your problems, this is purely to see if you are ready for this...

Hope that helps

Good luck!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jdruski
on 6/25/12 6:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
DG

I agree that you should just answer the questions and don't offer any other information.  This Psych eval is only an insurance step.  You will be in and out.  I work in the BH field and used that as the tone of my interview. 

Just to let you know, you are so ready of this surgery, you will see the real you come out.  I have been on anti-depressent since I have been a very young girl.  I don't want to go into where my head was when I went to mine but it is a formality.  Treat it like a job interview that you know that you are going to get. 

Best of luck to you.  Can't wait to see you on the loser's bench.

Jeanne
jackie M.
on 6/25/12 10:27 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
I am more than rdy for this. I cannot wait to start the new chapter in my life. Just, shrinks scare me.

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views