TGIFriday Roll Call!

Sara E.
on 6/21/12 4:16 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning all!
This has been a tough week. On Tuesday I had a reverse fleur-de-lis revision surgery. My goodness the pain & nausea are bad. Last summer I had the corset trunk plasty & medial thigh plasty, & a TVT. Than a week later I had emergency surgery that was laproscopic to save my life- long story, & not WLS related.  Well that laparoscopic surgery restretched  skin- I had that fixed on Tuesday. I was debating having it done until my 13 yr old son told me that I came this far& I should finish the job. He then added that it really liooked bad & he supported me having surgery. What a great kid:)  About 2-3 pounds of skin were removed (area= ~ the size of a sheet of paper). I can't wait to heal up and have the results I desired last summer. I just want to not NEED to wear a body shaper.  I work out but old skin just hangs. The skin does not firm up.   I am tentatively off wor****il July 4th to heal up. 
My son is running a 5K in the morning where I work. I wish I could be there to see him run , but I can't. Enjoy your Friday -  and as my son says "respect the pouch"

-Sara

bvohl
on 6/21/12 9:34 pm
GM Sara and PA!

Good to see you posting!! Sorry that you are having a rough week! I hope you heal and feel better soon.

Today is my first day of summer vacation! Yippee....I am not that thrilled because I have TONS to do and I start my summer job on Tuesday. I will be working through the month of July. I shouldn't complain because it is extra money that I need especially during the summer. I will make more in that one month than if I worked all summer!! So, I have August to look forward to!! I WILL be taking at least a couple of days to do nothing.

I have errands to run, an appt with the chiropractor, then a trip to Sams club. After that I will come back home and clean like a mad woman! I straightened up a bit last night, but there is still a lot to do! My BFF is graduating today and I am hosting a graduation party for her tomorrow for about 20 people. OY!

That is it for me!
Have a GREAT day, stay hydrated and cool!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 6/21/12 9:38 pm - Whitehall, PA
 HEEEEY Sara... nice to see you..    You have a really smart (and caring) kid.  He is right.  If you are able to do it, why wouldn't you "finish the job"?   Hope your healing goes quickly and much smoother than the last one.  

Siehara got off to camp great yesterday! She was SOOO happy to be back in her happy place.  There are a few pics on FB.  www.facebook.com/photo.php   www.facebook.com/photo.php

Today is Neil's graduation!!  I just got out of the shower and will be headed out the door soon.  I am going to stop at Staples, first.  They have a nice briefcase that will hold his laptop and other stuff he will need when he lands the perfect sales job.  As far as I know, all he has for his laptop is a backpack and that is not professional..lol.  He may have a briefcase, but this will be a new one and I'm sure he will love it!  

After the graduation, I'm sure we will have lunch with his parents and sister, and then head to my friend's in a nearby town in NJ.  Her father passed away this week and they are sitting shiva.  We will not be there tonight for the service, but want to stop by and offer our condolences.   Then we will head back to my place for the weekend.  We have a few things that we want to do, but no definite plans.  

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!!!

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 6/21/12 10:28 pm - Lancaster, PA

Hi sarah good to see you. Sorry you have had a hard week but so happy that you have had a chance to fix some of the damage done by the emergency surgery. Lots of celebrations this week it seems as well graduations are always exciting.  @ Lisa give Neil a hug and tell him congrats, and I saw the pics of your sweet girl she looks so happy and so gorgeous. @ Beth enjoy your days off if you can and have fun this weekend.

I am going to try and post a bit more here. I have had mixed feelings about coming here.  I want to support people and share my life progress and trials here but have not felt that I could totally trust those who lurk here. I have decided to let that go. If I feel moved to post and provide support or ask for advice and help then I will do so. If it gets discussed or taken away from the board in a unhealthy way by others than that is a relfection on them and not me. I will not hold myself back, this board is important to me. There are people here I do trust and people I can help so I will try and be here more. 

bvohl
on 6/21/12 11:00 pm
Nicole,

I am so glad that you are going to post again. Giving power to those who don't deserve it is just not right! You are stronger than that!! I have let go of a lot of negativity that has affected me and I am NOT going to give them that power!

Your insight and experience is so valued here. This board is about support, love and a shoulder to cry on if need be.

Love you!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 6/21/12 11:57 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
As the saying goes, those who anger us, control us, which is not me saying that anyone angers you, but we must not let the opinions others hold, or gossip, keep us from living and doing the things that bring us joy, for then they are in control. 

As we are fond of saying in AA, it's none of my business what others think of me!  Well I know that sometimes it is not that simple, but whatever, I am glad you are willing to push past your feelings because you have a lot to offer!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 6/21/12 11:19 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Sara and PA,
Sorry you are suffering, but glad to hear you have such a terrific son.  

Nicole, I'm glad you are back.  I totally agree, we should not let the negative behavior of others control our behavior.  They are not worth it.

Lisa, Congratulations to Neil.  I know what an accomplishment finishing school is.  New briefcase is always a good choice for a present.  

Beth, I never taught summer school.  During my summers off, I worked at the psych hospital more hours.  Did not pay as well, but I
 enjoyed it so much more than teaching ever.

Today, I have some cleaning to do around my apartment.  Then, I am heading to an appointment.  Later, I have to let my sister's dogs out, as my sister is not coming home at dinner time.  She has a retirement dinner to attend.

Have a blessed day,
Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 6/22/12 12:06 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Sara and Everyone else!!!

Sorry you're feeling poorly, but at the end of it all, you will be looking quite lovely I'm sure, can I say I'm just a bit jealous because I cannot afford the plastics to fix all the skin that hangs and sags on my body, but hell, I'll take the body I have today over the one I had 5 years ago, at least I am not longer held back by my weight!  Wishing you well and hope your son enjoys his 5K, from the way you describe him, he sounds like a very wise young man and understanding of your current situation.

Beth, enjoy your vacation and continue to look on the positive side of things!

Lisa, I saw your pics of Siehara, she looked great, like she was ready to have a wonderful time!  Congrats to Neil!

Trish, hope you have a good day!

As for me, I am at work, unfortunately I have to wor****il 5 today, so that others in my office can take advantage of my firm's summer hours program, which I don't participate in because of having to wor****il 5, so because I was asked to accommodate others, I wind up working until 5 on some Friday's anyway, just hoping the traffic at 5 will be as easy as it was coming in today, only took me 40 minutes.  Lots of work to do, so I'm assured of a day that will go by in short order, heck it's already past 10. . .  tonight, I will try to get a manicure and then go home to relax with my Roxie girl. . .  not a whole lot planned for today, lots going on over the weekend and I do have to plan for next week, vacation!  I leave on Thursday night for Florida, but let me live in today, because that's where I am. . .

Hope everyone has a good day and stay hydrated!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sara E.
on 6/22/12 1:13 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
 Lauren
For last years surgeries I mortgaged my house. This year I did 12 months, same as cash with 0% interest at Geisinger. It is a budget breaker but worth it.  You should examine your options. I know of someone who got a 0% credit card to charge their surgery.   Believe me I can't afford this - I am just reprioritizing  my spending. I can not describe how great it feels not having to tuck in skin.  The budget cuts are with it. 
Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views