An interesting food day yesterday

jastypes
on 6/19/12 12:20 am - Croydon, PA
I decided that Monday would be a no grain day for me.  So I started off yesterday with my usual breakfast sans bread.  And that was fine, as was snack, lunch, snack and even dinner.  I had a banana and peanut butter for dinner, as I was planning on heading out to Zumba class.  Unfortunately, my daughter, Sheila, had a bi-polar meltdown and needed to go to the ER.  (She's been admitted, but that's another story.) 

Anyway, when that monkey wrench got thrown into my plans, instead of concentrating on my daughter, and what I had to do at the present moment, my compulsive eating disorder kicked in and all I could think about was fries, bread, a mcdonald's burger, a bagel.  Crazy time in Jill's head, folks!  I felt I DESERVED grains because I was under stress and I had to change my plans. 

I have no idea what powers were at work in the universe last night, but I recognized the crazy thoughts, and put them on a back-brain burner.  I got home at 10:30 pm and ate a little bit of the chef salad I had planned for after zumba, along with a SF pudding.  No grains. 

I learned that I still connect food with emotions, particularly stress.  I have no idea why sometimes I can say no, when other times I give in to those insane thoughts that tell me food equals comfort, when I know damn well a cheeseburger isn't going to change any given situation.

Thanks for letting me share.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

bvohl
on 6/19/12 1:24 am
 Jill,

I am so sorry about your daughter. I hope she gets better soon!

I am so proud of you for fighting the food demons!

((HUGS)) Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Jackie Fisher
on 6/19/12 1:58 am - PA
So sorry to hear about your daughter Jill! Hopefully things will get better!

What a true inspiration for fighting the thoughts in your head and sticking to your goal for the day! Very admirable if I must say!

Keep kicking those thoughts!!

Jackie
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

Laureen S.
on 6/19/12 4:08 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Jill,

I, too, deal with stress and certain emotions by wanting to soothe/bury them in an avalance of food, but then I wind up in that vicious cycle of guilt, shame and remorse over what I did to self-sabotage, which does not mean I don't go there sometimes, but it's getting better and the main thing is, sometimes, I just make a choice to do it consequences be damned, but even then, it is not like I used to be, I am able to stop short and sometimes, altogether before doing harm to myself. . . 

Congrats on your success last night, in spite of your daughter's meltdown, I hope today she is on her way to feeling better.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 6/19/12 11:20 am
 Well you made it thru the day ~ congratulations!

Isn't it crazy how obsessed we get with a single idea....grains for you....a couple of weeks ago for me it was Twizzlers. Huh? Where did that come from?

Best to your daughter....and to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views