not being around lately Xtra post.

jojomoe523
on 6/15/12 12:18 am, edited 6/15/12 1:17 am - PA

As some of you know, my father is in a bad way. Here is the update:

Dad has cancer. They think it started in the lungs. It has spread into his bones, especially his spine. Also spread to brain, spleen, liver, and on the adrenal gland. At this point Dad is in a **** ton of pain. They are going to do radiation to try to alleviate some of the pain he is having in his back. That's where the pain is concentrated at. Dad is very weak and really can't walk. It came on extremely quick and we had no idea that he was that bad. They are giving him very minimal time. We are trying to get Dad down near Philadelphia to be closer to my brother and I for hospice.
He is in Pittsburgh which is almost 6 hours away.

If you think about it, could you say a prayer to your God for some get rid of pain vibes for my dad. Him being in pain is killing me more than the fact that I have very limited time with him. I hate seeing him this way....

Jojo

Laureen S.
on 6/15/12 3:34 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Oh Jo. . .

So sorry to read about this news, I am definitely keeping your dad and those closely affected by this, in my prayers. . .  I wish you peace and strength as you go through this tough time.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jojomoe523
on 6/15/12 4:39 am - PA
Thanks Laureen. aprreciate it.

bvohl
on 6/15/12 4:55 am
 Jo,

I will send out positive thoughts and healing to your Dad! It really sucks when u have to see your parents sick and in pain.

((HUGS))

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jojomoe523
on 6/15/12 5:41 am - PA
i don't mind the sick so much. i can deal with that. dad was a smoker for over 50 years. he's only 65 though. but the pain part of it tears me up. never saw my dad being dependent on anyone before and have never seen him in soooo much pain. it really sucks.

lynnc99
on 6/15/12 10:29 am
Praying for him! (And you!)
Nicole0216
on 6/15/12 11:13 am - Lancaster, PA
i am very sorry for this news I will keep you and your father in my thoughts
IdaMae D.
on 6/16/12 1:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
will keep you and your family in our prayers...

IdaMae

jojomoe523
on 6/18/12 3:13 am - PA
thanks all it is really appreciated...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views