hubby and my program update

jackie M.
on 6/12/12 1:49 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 We had our surgery class yesterday.    

We got weighed.  Hubby had better outcome on weight loss than me.  He lost 7 lbs in the last month with a total loss of 21 lbs.   I didn't have a loss or a gain with a total loss of 18 lbs. I see orthopedics on Thursday about my knee.  I hope they can do something so I can beat the grandson in tennis and baseball on the Wii and also play Smurf Dance Party with the granddaughter.

We were going over body types.   I'm not an apple and I'm not a pear, I'm a mixed fruit.  Our 8 yr old granddaughter who was with us said I was perapple.  

He said about getting suspenders or punching another hole in the belt to keep his pants up.  I told him punch a hole it's cheaper and MORE FUN...  but as I think of it now, Snapping those suspenders seem oh so much more fun at the moment...

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Laureen S.
on 6/12/12 5:37 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Just as an FYI, men lose weight at a different rates than women by virtue of their body composition, which is more muscle than ours.   We are built for childbearing, whereas they are built for strength, muscle burns more fat. 

Just saying. . . try and focus on the healthier you that is coming to pass as a result of your willingness to change.

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jackie M.
on 6/12/12 6:09 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 yes i know, but i totally messed up my left knee 5 wks ago.  I see orthopedics thursday to see if they can fix it.  I was losing weight until the day i messed it up...  I'm a walking disaster...  lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views