Monday Roll Call

bvohl
on 6/10/12 11:03 pm
 GM PA!!

I just came into work and found out that the kids are getting out at 12:45!! Which means we get out @2pm! What a nice way to begin the week!! 

I had a nice weekend with great friends! I even went to synagogue! While I was there some of the prayers really hit a nerve with me. I have been trying over the past couple of months to get rid of all toxicity and negativity out of my life. Surrounding myself with good people and more positive thinking! I realize now that I have been negative toward one of my coworkers and I was called on it. Now, mind you this coworker is not the nicest person in the world. But I have been letting her negativity affect me. I apologized to her and I came to the realization that I need to shut my mouth, bite my tongue, or whatever else I can do to not express those negative feelings at work. I also realized that I need to be more leery of people at work. It is ashame that it has to be that way, but it is what it is!

Today after work I have a drs appt then home to figure out what to do for dinner. After that is up in the air!
Thanks for letting me vent!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 6/11/12 12:32 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Beth,
I had an exhausting day yesterday.  I had a blast in Baltimore, though the Phillies lost in the 10th inning due to an error.  It was a long, hot day.  My son got us tickets 17 rows behind the Phillies dugout.  This was a belated Mothers Day gift from him.  

Today, I want to take the bike out for a ride.  I have been lax lately, but really need to get more exercise.  We had a pretty good walk to the ball park, and then once we got there.  Then, after sitting in the parking garage for 30 minutes due to traffic, we decided to walk across the street to a Mexican take out place.  I had a fajita burrito that was huge.  I ate about 1/4 of it and brought the rest home.  After we ate, Chris wanted to find a Starbucks, so we walked about five blocks to that.  Then, back to the garage.  Traffic was still heavy, because of a fender bender between a mini-van and a bus full of Phillies fans heading home.  

I had asked my sister to come over and let Utley out to go potty.  She called me to say the key I had given her wouldn't work.  It had worked when I was in the hospital in January.  Unfortunately, she didn't take her cell phone with her to my place, because my landlord has a lockbox on my back door, with a key to both apartments here, for emergencies, and I know the code.  I have had to use it once or twice when I locked myself out.  Poor Utley was beside himself needing to go potty when I got home.  It had been 12 hours.  

Today, I am getting the bike out, and add to the exercise I got yesterday..  I haven't felt on top of my game for a while with the sinusitis, awaiting surgery, and the shingles, with its fever.  Today, other than the sore muscles from all the walking, I feel okay enough to go for a spin.  

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs to all,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 6/11/12 3:08 am
Hi everyone! I am off today but have plenty of work to do around the house. Putting away stuff from the PA trip, paying bills, and making dinner for a family from church whose daughter is seriously ill.

I have made a "food discovery" in the last couple of days - nothing profound, but I have rediscovered that if I eat lots of veggies the fiber keeps me very nicely satisfied for a good while. I stocked up at the farmers market on Saturday and have been making sautéed veggies with a touch of olive oil, and tossing In some cooked lentils for added protein. It seems to help - I had fallen prey to snacking/grazing/subsisting on shakes and protein brs for the last little while. This takes me back to "real" food.

And oh yes, I have to go out and buy a refrigerator. The freezer on this one is past it's prime, to be sure.

Beth, I know what you mean about the negativity issue. I gain a lot from going to church - it is sort of the "reset" button on the week for me, and yes it is a place of positive energy. And it's a life lesson for sure to know when to bite our tongues!
Laureen S.
on 6/11/12 5:56 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Yes, the veggies are a good source of filling up and fiber and I use them for dips and crunch factor.. .  my favorite ones are red peppers, roasted or raw and celery and fennel for crunch. . .  spinach, brocolli. . .  thankfully I can consume them, some people have issues, but I'm leaning more on them of late.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Laureen S.
on 6/11/12 5:59 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Beth,

In AA we have what's called a 10th Step, which teaches us to promptly admit when we do something wrong and what it ultimately is about is us learning to control our actions and mouth. . .  We can't avoid the negativity in some places, however, we can practice putting on our happy faces and not allowing others to invade the mood we choose. . .  I've learned that in work, one has to be mighty careful.  Anyway, awareness is half the answer, most especially self-awareness. . .

Wishing you a great day and glad you had a good weekend, so did I.

Bye, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 6/11/12 7:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Evening Beth & PA:

As Lynn said I also use church as my re-set button.  I'm really happy that school is over and I can get back to a regular schedule of going to church.  I've missed that and my church family. 

Getting negativity out of our lives is a good thing.  Although I've had to remove family members from my life to get negativity out of it, I had to do so.  I saw a saying yesterday "The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you were not worth the truth". 

I had a very nice weekend.  Saturday was a lazy day.  I got to read another book.  It is so nice to be reading what I want to read.  The only problem at times is I want the book and story to continue and not all books are produced in a series. 

Sunday went to church, then grocery shopping.  Picked up chicken breast for me, chicken thighs for Gene.  He prefers the dark meat - that turns my stomach so I cook it for him not me.  Made baked breaded chicken, maccaroni & Cheese, sauted mushrooms/peppers/onions, and baked sugarfree blueberry buckle.  It's an old recipe of my mom's.  Even though I've made it sugarfree, it still tastes exactly like mom's!!!

Today worked till 4ish.  Work was terriblly hot.  The AC was not working well, so I spent more time on the phone today with facilities trying to get them to do something.  I keep a thermometer at my desk so they can't argue with me that I don't really know how hot it is, I can tell them exactly how hot is is and there are OSHA rule/regs that pretain to Temp and safe working conditions.

Now I'm home.  Gene starts teaching tonight.  The doctoral class is a combination of online and in class so tonight is an online.  I figure at 7 I'll go out and take a walk so I don't interfer with his online stuff by having the TV on.

Hope you all had a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views